Breakfast

Alice was slowly beginning to wake up. She felt the arm wrapped around her waist. She smiled when she remembered she and FP had taken a nap together. She moved the arm over his eyes and pecked kisses on his face, waking him up. He didn't open his eyes but a smile did grow on his face. "We fell asleep, didn't we?" He groggily asked.

"We did," Alice sat up. FP pulled her back down. "A few more minutes. It was a good nap." He laid his head against hers and tightened his hold around her.

"As tempting as that is, we have to go talk to Charles, remember?" Alice brought her hand up to his chin. She ran her fingers through his beard. She felt his lips perk up. It still felt so unreal to have their son around.

"He's really working for the government, huh." FP was more than impressed. He had a gut feeling he and Jughead would bond over it. "You think he'd find it cool that I served in the army?"

"He'd think you're cool, unconditionally."

"Do you?"

"No, you're a total loser." She laughed. He rolled his eyes and joined in. "Hey, I'm just stating facts. You're nothing compared to muah." She cockily smiled.

FP shifted his body to be on top of hers. He stared down at her with a smirk. "Is that so?"

"Oh, yeah." She didn't lose the smile on her face. He lowered himself and kissed her. Once they parted FP waited for her to say something. "Prove me wrong, again." He happily complied. Only this time it deepened. "Point taken," Alice said after they took a breather.

"I don't want that nap anymore," FP stepped off the couch and helped her up. "Let's go see our boy." FP grabbed his tie off the coffee table but his arm around her never disappeared. "We're going to lunch, right?"

"Yes, he's meeting us at the diner."

"Perfect, I'm starving." Alice whispered something into his ear. "On second thought he could wait a little longer." She chuckled and led him to the front door.

•••

Alice and FP joined their son in a booth. He smiled upon seeing them. "Howdy, sheriff." Charles directed at FP. He then looked at Alice. "Mornin', mom."

"Why does she get a mom and I don't get a dad?" FP jokingly gaped. Alice stuck her tongue out at him. "He loves his mama more."

"Still doesn't roll out the tongue easily." In Charles' defense he has spent more time with Alice. FP understood that completely and he's fine with it. They were all still adjusting.

"So what are we having?" FP took a peek at the menu. "We wouldn't want to get to work on empty stomachs."

"This actually isn't work related," Charles sheepishly told them. "I just thought we could just talk...as a family. I want to get to know you both. I know a couple of things from your files but-"

"How much do you know?" FP cut him off, only making him laugh.

"Enough to know about these Southside Serpents you both were a part of," Charles sipped out of his mug. He knew quite a lot after looking at their records.

"Damn, I thought I got that expunged." Alice muttered to herself but FP heard her. He held back a laugh.

"There's two sides to every story," Charles assured them that he wasn't going to judge them for their past. "I'm here wanting to listen to yours. I don't know the people I read in those files but I do want to know my parents, sitting in front of me."

"I can tell you that it has been one wild ride," FP confirmed. "What's important is that we're all here now. I will answer any of your questions but be conscious that it might reopen old wounds."

"Same goes for me. I've waited so long to get the chance to see you again. I don't think we can lose you again."

FP slung an arm around her, grabbing a hold of her hand. "She's right. You probably already know about our dark times so shoot your questions at us. We're open books."

"First of all, one thing I do want to know is how Betty and Jughead are handling you two rekindling what you've got going on here." Charles started off with his most interesting question.

"Yeah, no, we haven't sat down and talked to them yet." FP answered on their behalf.

"Really? They don't see this going on and wonder?" Charles looked right at their hand holding and how close they were together.

"Nope," Alice shook her head. "They're smart kids but haven't caught on to this."

"Or they just don't bring it up," FP took his guess. "I mean they've met you and no questions have come our way."

"You do have a point," Alice agreed with FP.

Charles chuckled. "So then the other two? Polly and Jellybean?"

"Ah, yes, your other sisters." Alice nodded.

"What about them?" FP asked.

"I assume they don't know either."

"No," FP and Alice both said. "We need a good time and place to gather them up and tell them without freaking them out too much."

"Well I want to be there when you do it," Charles chortled. "I've read a couple of strange things over the years but I don't want to leave this one out."

"It is pretty weird," FP agreed. "But this here is Riverdale. Welcome to town."

"Things get very out of the ordinary here."

"Trust me, I do believe you."