Reception

The wedding reception was held at their house. A large canopy covered the backyard. The decor on the tables were white with fiery red centerpieces. A special table for the bride and the groom was placed on the platform FP proposed on. The bridesmaids and groomsmen had a table beside them. FP and Alice were busy going around and talking to their guests. Fred and Hog Eye were carefully bringing in the cake. They had to place it on the farthest table, near the gift table.

Many people caught up to Alice and congratulated her again on her special day. Alice hugged them all. They began a lengthy conversation about her teenage years with FP. FP was at their table after Fred ushered him over there. "Sweetheart!" FP called out for his wife. Fred then handed him a microphone to make it easier for her to hear him. FP tapped on in to test it. "Al, can you come over here?"

He got her attention and handed the microphone back to Fred. Alice walked to FP and he snaked an arm around her. He left a kiss on her head. "Give it up for the newly weds," Fred clapped. The guests clapped along. "Now that I have your attention I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Fred Andrews, FP's best man. I want to give a toast to these two so can you fill your glasses with the apple ciders Hog Eye and Tom Keller are passing around."

Fred poured cider into his glass. Many of the guests were quick to fill their glasses. "I'd like to start off with a high school memory I'm dying to share."

"You will be dying if it's one not meant to be shared," Alice whispered into his ear. She smiled at the crowd. Fred covered the microphone, "Don't worry I'm keeping it PG for the kids." Fred removed his hand and spoke to the guests again. "Now I've known these knuckleheads for years. I'm sure you'd like to know what these two are so good at. Those mouths are not just for lip locking."

"Where is this going?" FP gritted through his teeth. He was growing nervous and blushing. Alice was no different.

"These two can really sing," Fred said. FP and Alice let out sighs of relief. "Many of you may not know but in high school FP scored the role of Conrad Birdie in Bye Bye Birdie. I guess our tough guy was very familiar with the theatre. But the one play you could never forget was in our senior year. These two sang their hearts out in Grease. Wouldn't you like to hear them sing one of the songs?"

"Fred!" FP and Alice both yell at him. The guest clapped and backed Fred up on his idea. "You heard the people," Fred laughed. "So will you do it?"

"Well we kind of have to now," Alice huffed.

"You heard the bride. Drama club welcomes you to our production of Grease," Fred got off the stage and left the couple behind. He brought over another microphone for them so they could each have one. Fred pointed at Tom and he hit play on the stereo. The instrumental to You're the One That I Want began to play. FP and Alice looked at each other and smiled. If they were going to sing they might as well enjoy it. FP had to start as Danny Zuko so he was nervous to get to the first lyric.

"I got chills, they're multiplying and I'm losing control," FP was really getting into character. Alice took s few steps away but was still facing him. She had a goofy smile on her face. "Cause the power you're supplying, it's electrifying."

"You better shape up. 'Cause I need a man and my heart is set on you," Alice sang to FP. FP smirked and went to her. Their bodies touched and she tried to keep singing without dropping everything and smooching him. "You better shape up. You better understand, to my heart I must be true."

FP and Alice danced around, very into the song. They were singing with passion. They harmonized to their favorite lyrics. "You're the one that I want." Towards the end of the song FP picked her up to kiss her once they were done. Tom stopped the music and Fred went over to them. He grabbed one of their microphones, "How about that, folks?" Fred still had his drink in his hand. He rose it up into the air. "Now to the toast. I love these two very much and wish them everlasting happiness together. Let us all raise our glasses and drink to this chapter of their lives."

Everyone clanked drinks, gulped them down, and cheered. "Thanks Freddie," FP pats his back.

"I told you you'd love to sing like you did back there."

"Maybe you were right this one time."

"He was definitely right this one time," Alice added in. "Come on let's dance."

"Right after you Mrs. Jones," FP let his arms point to the dance floor. Fred arranged for a band to appear and play live music. FP and Alice slow danced. His hands were on her waist and her arms were around his neck. Their foreheads were pressed together. They hummed the lyrics to the song playing in the background. Eventually other couples began to join in on the dancing. FP looked over at Fred who scored a dance with Hermione. He looked back at FP and smiled. The rest of the night everyone had a good time. FP and Alice were too happy for words.

"I love you," FP looked deeply into her eyes. He was still in awe looking at his wife.

"I love you more," Alice roped him into a kiss. FP gladly kissed the love of his life.