Play Baby

Alice walked into the bathroom to find FP holding Charles as he brushed his teeth. Charles had his little toothbrush in hand too. He was brushing his teeth just like his father. FP rinsed with water and spat it out in the sink. "Just like that, baby." FP instructed Charles. He hovered the boy over the sink and he spat the toothpaste out. "Pwetty teeth," Charles smiled widely so he could see his teeth.

"So fresh and so clean clean," FP tickled him. Alice chuckled. "Don't you two look adorable," Alice caught their attention.

"Give mama a kiss," FP moved Charles towards her. He pressed a kiss on her cheek. "Good boy."

"What are my boys up to?"

"I daddy," Charles said.

"He wants to know what I do all day," FP further explained. "So I'm showing him. That means...next up is breakfast, young man." He put him down.

"Bekfast, young man." Charles copied him, or at least what he could.

"I bet I'll beat you to the table."

"I gonna win you!" Charles ran out of the bathroom. FP slowly ran behind him. "Walk!" Alice was left behind. She caught up with them in the kitchen. Charles was gloating over his quick pace. "I win daddy, mama!"

"He's just so fast, Al." FP dramatically exhaled. FP picked him up and walked him over to the pantry. "What do we want this morning? Cereal? Bagel?"

"Ceweal!" He excitedly chose. Charles looked for his mother. FP reached for the cereal but Charles stopped him. "Wait! You fo-got!"

"I forgot what, baby?"

"Mama good mownin' kiss," Charles reminded him. He knows he tells her good morning every day before giving her a kiss.

"Ah, you're right." FP nodded. "But you're daddy today. You already gave her her good morning kiss, remember?"

"I no say good mownin'!" Charles facepalmed.

"You can do it right now," FP whispered in his ear. "She's coming."

"Good mownin', honey!" Charles imitated FP. FP chuckled. He thought it was too adorable. He had a little mini me.

"Good morning," Alice pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Good morning to you too." She gave FP a kiss too."

"Can we have cereal now?" FP asked his son. The boy nodded and reached for the box. Hot Dog slipped through his legs as he walked over to the table. "Hot Doggie bekfast too?"

"Yes, Hot Dog gets food too. I'll fill his bowl right now." FP assured him that the sheep dog would get his meal too. Alice brought the milk over, along with the bowls.

"So what are you doing after breakfast?" Alice took a seat.

"Wok, uncle Freddie." Charles answered on their behalf.

"Actually today is Saturday. Daddy doesn't work today," FP corrected him. "Today we can do whatever you want."

"What daddy do on Sat-o-day?"

"Play with you," FP tickled his little feet. Charles giggled and kicked his hand away. "So what does Charles want to do?"

"Mama play too?"

"Mama can play too," FP nodded and looked at Alice. "What are we going to play?"

"Hmm," Charles tapped his finger on his chin. He was thinking real hard about it. "Baby."

"Baby?" FP and Alice were both confused.

"Play baby," Charles repeated.

"How do we play baby?" Alice asked. Charles arched his back forward and put a hand on his hip. FP laughed as he watched their son waddle around the kitchen. "That's playing baby?"

"Baby," Charles lifted his shirt up and patted his belly.

"Where did you learn that?" Alice scooped him up. "Where did he learn that, FP? He hasn't met any pregnant women."

"I could fix that."

Alice smacked his arm and he could only help but laugh a little more. Charles leaned in his direction and rubbed his arm before giving him a kiss. "Boo boo aww bet-oh." Charles took his pain away.

"You know what, I will play baby." FP smirked. He copied what Charles had done earlier and waddled around the room. Charles clapped as he watched him do it. "Al, Al, can you get me a burger from Pop's? It's only two in the morning." He looked up at Alice for her reaction. She gawked. "I did not do that."

"I wouldn't bet on it, honey." FP sassily walked away.

"Your daddy is a big ol' weirdo," Alice told Charles. He smiled widely. "I'm glad you know that too."