Diary

•••

•••

Betty shook her hand after writing in her journal for so long. She accidentally knocked over her desk lamp and cursed to herself. She put her pen down and tried to clean up the pieces of glass the lamp made on the floor. She dumped them into the trash can. It was getting dark outside so she really needed the light from the lamp. She looked through her drawers and found a flashlight. Betty clearly remembered there being an extra lamp up in the attic. She walked out of her room and flashed the light down the hall. She pulled the attic stairs down and climbed up.

In the attic Betty used the flashlight to help her scan the room. She walked deeper in and found the lamp. It was next to a box. She shined the light onto the label it had. Memories. Betty opened it and looked inside. It looked like an old diary and a couple of books. She took the diary out and went to her room with it. Betty plugged the new lamp in and took a better look at the item from the box. She flipped it open to the first page curious to know what it said. It dated back to the late 80s and early 90s, her mother's high school era, so she was very eager to know what it was like.

Dear Diary,
I'm using this more as a memory book. I thought it would be nice to look back at it one day and remember all the good times. I could count all the wild adventures I've been on with the rest of the Serpents but it would never end. It's one particular Serpent that I could never get tired of being around. Every time I see him my heart melts and I know he's just as crazy about me.

Betty was very curious to know who this certain Serpent was but most importantly she was shocked to learn that she was a Southside Serpent, especially with the way she bashed them in numerous articles at the Register. Her mother always looked down upon them. Betty skipped through a few pages and stopped on a page in which a picture fell out. It was a picture of Alice with her three best friends. Betty looked closely at it.

The four were in a booth at Pop's. She found her mother in the arms of what looks to be her boyfriend. He was hiding behind her and pressing a kiss on her cheek. She was smiling inside his bear hug. Betty recognized the man in front of them. It was their neighbor Mr. Andrews, Archie's father. She was surprised to see that the woman he was kissing was not Archie's mother but she also figured this picture was from before her mother dated her father and Fred dated Mary. Betty read the entry the picture had been attached to. She got to figure out who the two unfamiliar faces in the picture were.

Dear Diary,
Today was the best day of my life. FP, Fred, Hermione and I got to grab a bite at the diner after a good movie at the Twilight. Here's a picture Pop took for us. He was so delighted to see us altogether and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love hanging out with these idiots. Here's to another fun night as the core four.

Betty stuck the picture back in it's place. She continued to flip through the pages and skimmed them. She stopped on the last page she wrote a diary entry to. It was a picture of a baby. Betty was confused because it was a boy. She concentrated on the picture. The first sentence clearly stated the baby was a boy and her mother's son. Her jaw dropped.