Baby Shower

•••

•••

"You want to throw my girlfriend a surprise baby shower?" FP repeated what he had just heard. Fred and Hermione approached him on the idea after learning about the pregnancy. "She's only like three months pregnant. Don't girls have it like later on?"

"That's what would make it a surprise, duh." Hermione says sassily.

"If it's a surprise why are you asking me for permission?"

"We aren't," Fred chuckled. "We just need you to keep her busy all saturday morning so we can set up. That's where you come into the plan."

"I don't get a say in this?"

"Are you the one carrying the child to be birthed later?" Hermione asked, sounding too much like Alice.

"Are you the one who put it in her?" FP mimicked her stance. Two could play that game.

"Let's not get that image stuck in our heads," Fred scrunched his nose. "So can you keep her busy or not? This needs to be a good surprise."

"Fine, if it gets me to spend time with my girl before she gets strong mood swings and wants to kill me in my sleep."

"Don't you think you're exaggerating just a little there?"

"Frederick have you met Alice? Before she was pregnant she would have most likely already had plans to kill us. Now add the horomones and picture that."

Fred thought about it and his face said it all. "Well good luck with that."

"Anyway," Hermione budded in. "We will need you to take her to Fred's house at two in the afternoon. We will handle the rest. Now go run along with preggos before she complains about her feet swelling up and blaming you for forgetting the condom."

"Honey, you've been hanging out with Alice a little too much. Your inner Alice is starting to come out," Fred was a little terrified of Alice converting his girlfriend into a replica of her.

"See what I mean. This one is probably PMSing." Hermione hit FP for the joke. FP rubbed the back of his head to lessen the sting he got from it.

"Just keep her busy," Hermione huffed.

"Don't tell him that. That's why we're planning this baby shower in the first place."

•••

FP was cuddling with Alice in his trailer. They were watching a movie together. It felt like a lazy day so he was able to get them to stay in. Fred had already called him to remind him about the baby shower. Nearing two o'clock he had to think of an excuse to have them go over to Fred's house without her asking any questions. "Al, do you want to come with me to Fred's? He wants us to practice for a gig coming up."

"You can go. I can wait for you to come back."

"Wouldn't that be awfully lonely? I'm going to be gone awhile. Come watch us play."

"Maybe I'll miss you too much," Alice thought about going. She stood up and went to go change her clothes. They were still in what they fell asleep in last night.

After successfully getting her out of the trailer he drove them to Fred's house. He was careful to not spoil anything. He knocked on the house and Fred answered the door. "Hey come in," He tried to act normal. "You're just in time."

"In time for what?" Alice walked into the living room and everyone yelled surprise. She was not expecting a surprise party, especially a baby shower. Fred and Hermione put up a banner on the wall. They invited a few of their friends over to come celebrate this miracle. "You threw me a surprise baby shower?" She looked over at FP. "You knew about this and didn't tell me?"

"We wanted to surprise you," Hermione said bringing over a gift for the baby.

"You're the sweetest," Alice hugged her.

"Hey I helped too," Fred waved at her. He wanted some credit too.

"Whatever you say, Freddie." FP went over to the snack bar. He picked up the bowl of M&Ms and began to shove them in his mouth.

"Those are for the guest," Hermione swatted his hand.

"I am a guest," FP chewed on the chocolate.

"Alice come over and look at our gifts!" Mary yelled. She was with a couple of other girls. They were sat around her and watched her go through the gifts. She pulled out adorable and very tiny onesies.

"Look how tiny this is," Alice showed FP.

"He or she better stay this tiny forever. I don't want them to grow in a blink of an eye." FP grabbed the outfits and cooed at the miniature thing. He couldn't believe they were going to make something that small.

"My money is on a boy," Fred slipped a five dollar bill on the table. Tom pulled out a bill and put it on top. "I second that."

"I think it's a girl," Mary placed a bet.

"I hope it's a girl," Hermione reached into her purse for a bill.

"Don't be placing bets on our child," FP grabbed the money and pocketed it. "They are not from a casino."

"I think it will be a boy too," Alice just felt like they would have a son.

"I think so too," FP kissed her. "I'm doing to finally have a mini me that can replace Fred."

"I heard that," Fred said.

"That was the point Frederick."

The rest of the day FP and Alice talked about how they thought their child would look like and how happy they were to be blessed with a child. Fred ended up dropping the cake when it was time to cut it. Hermione pulled his ear and yelled a few things to him in spanish. FP and Alice laughed and kept the baby shower going. Everyone was excited to meet this child in a couple of months.