Positive

FP was in the bathroom trimming his beard after rolling out of bed. He liked when his stubble was all groomed to his liking. He watched himself in the mirror as he carefully used the razor. His phone began to buzz on the counter and he saw Alice's name pop up. He picked up and put it on speaker phone. "Good morning handsome."

"Morning Al," FP said as he continued to groom himself nicely. "What's my beautiful woman doing up?"

"I'm surprised you're up," Alice chuckled. "I was wondering if you have any plans for the day. I'd really like for you to come over."

"Dad!" Jughead yelled as he walked in through the front door.

"Shit," FP accidentally cut himself with the razor because of his son's entrance. He dropped his razor onto the floor next to the trash can.

"Are you alright?" Alice said through the other line. FP bent down to grab his razor and his eyes drifted towards the trash can. He saw something peculiar wrapped in toilet paper. He looked again and saw a pregnancy test. He was in a state of shock. He took it out to see. He put the razor on the counter and grabbed the phone. His eyes were still on the test. "Yeah I just cut myself a bit. Jug just startled me."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah nothing bad," FP kept staring at the test. It was positive. He also noticed the strip of hair missing on his face. He would now need to shave his whole beard off.

"So are you busy today?"

"No, I'll be right over with Jughead."

"Even better," Alice said. "I'll see you both soon. Bye."

"Bye," FP hung up and took the test with him. Jughead was in the kitchen eating pancakes. He acknowledged FP walking into the room and smiled, "There you are."

"Is there something you want to tell me?" FP was quick to it.

"Uh, you missed a spot?" Jughead pointed at his face. FP placed the pregnancy test on the table in front of him. Jughead looked at it confused. "What's that?" He knows what it is but he wasn't sure what he was implying.

"Are you using the damn condoms?"

"What?" Jughead furrowed his eyebrows. FP took a seat and kept his eyes locked with his. He sighed and pointed at the test.

"Did you knock her up? I found it in the bathroom."

"No," Jughead said. "Well I don't think so."

"You don't think so?" FP raised his voice but was not yelling. He was trying to remain sane about it. "Are you not at least being safe like I told you to be? I'm too young to be a grandfather."

"Don't you mean I'm too young to be a father?" Jughead scrunched his face. "Ms. S is a grandmother. She's not worried about that like you."

"But Alice is a beautiful grandmother." He defended his woman. FP sighed. He put his elbows on the table and rubbed his hands against his face. "We're going to her house right after I finish shaving."

"What?" Jughead was not ready to go confront the women. He wasn't even sure what exactly was going on. He was certain he was always safe with Betty whenever they did do the deed. He hoped he was now that he stared at the test. Betty and her mother were at the trailer yesterday hanging out with them.

"I was talking to Alice before you showed up. She's expecting us over soon."

"You told her about this?"

"No. That's what you'll be doing with Betty when we get there." FP had half of his face cleanly shaved. He was working on the other side while lecturing him.

"Did you give yourself this lecture twenty five years ago?" Jughead blurted out and regretted it right after. He realized it was a sensitive topic. His father simultaneously learned about Charles' death and existence. "I'm...I'm sorry."

"Don't bring up your brother right now." He watched him shut the bathroom door on him. After FP finished shaving he drove them down to Alice's house. Alice welcomed them in. Betty was on the couch in the living room. "Go talk to her." FP ordered his son before following Alice into the kitchen. She was cooking one of FP's favorite meals. He was surprised because she made it for him a couple of days ago. "Again?" FP smiled and kissed her before snaking an arm around her waist.

"Yeah, today feels like a good day for it again." She smiled nervously. FP didn't think much about it. "How about you call the kids to the table so we could eat?"

"Alright?" FP walked over to the living room and saw the kids looking puzzled. FP figures they talked about it. "Food is ready. Come grab a seat at the table."

Everyone was at the table passing each other the food. It was quiet besides Jughead and Betty whispering to each other. FP looked up from his plate to look at them. "I'm assuming someone has something to say." FP subtly directed at Jughead but was surprised when Alice spoke up. "The food made it obvious?" FP looked at her and saw her shy smile. FP was thinking about it as he looked down at his plate. Last time they ate this meal they were upstairs in her room soon after.

"Are you using the damn condoms?" Jughead put the pregnancy test on the table and slid it to his father. He had a smirk on his face knowing it wasn't him who had to own up to knocking someone up. FP's face was growing red. He assumed it was his son and he wants to take back what he told him this morning.

"You found that?" Alice asked Jughead. She wasn't sure how she felt about him already knowing. She wasn't sure if it made her feel more at ease about breaking the news to them or not.

"Kinda slid by me," Jughead says. "So does it mean we're having a tiny critter in the picture?"

FP was processing it all but he was honestly happy about the news. He would love to finally raise a baby with the love of his life. He looked at Alice who was already looking at him. She wondered what was going through his mind. "Are we? Are we having a baby?"

Alice nods. Seeing his happy reaction made her squeal with joy inside. He grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles. Their kids seemed to be taking it very well. Alice and FP were relieved. FP thought that them figuring it out before it was announced had something to do with it. Jughead liked seeing his father happy. It's been such a long time since he saw that kind of smile on his face. He pushed aside the accusation he gave him this morning because that smile on his father's face and Alice's face was worth a million dollars.

"Congratulations," Betty put a hand on her mother's stomach. FP was already behind her mother holding her proudly. "Not something I was expecting today but it's a good surprise."

"Thank you Betty," Alice appreciated it and so did FP.

"So what now?" Jughead asked.

"I think we still have to figure that out," FP answers his question. "But one thing is for sure. This baby is coming into a loving family."