Misunderstanding

•••

•••

FP was on Fred's construction site waiting for him in his office. Hermione was at her desk doing some paperwork. Fred walked in with the blueprints he had been working on at home. "I think we finally have the finalized version. I'm really liking this one."

"Are you talking about the blueprints or the chick over there?" FP asks Fred, followed by a few chuckles. He knows he has been crushing on Hermione again. Fred swats his chest and tells him to shut up before she hears him. "Look at me I'm Fred. I want Hermione to be my girlfriend again." Alice had the idea of going to the site knowing FP worked with Fred on the weekends. Alice was standing a few feet away from the window looking in. She saw FP making kissy faces at someone. That's when she then saw Hermione pass the window. She did not know Hermione was working with Fred again so she was surprised to see her. Her heart sank a little thinking about FP flirting with her so she walked away full of jealousy.

"Shut up," Fred warns him.

"Ask her out."

"I can't do that."

"Why not? You scared?" FP banters.

"Yes," Fred admits. "What if she says no?"

"Ask her to something she can't say no to," FP advised.

"Okay," Fred nods. "Hey Hermione!" He caught her attention.

"Yeah?"

"Would you want to go to a friendly dinner tonight with FP and I? You know to celebrate finally having the plans ready?" Fred asked nervously.

"Did you seriously just volunteer me as a third wheel?" FP whispered to him.

"I'd love to," Hermione agreed.

"See she didn't say no," Fred smiled excitedly. FP rolled his eyes and laughed.

The three made plans to eat at the diner. Unaware of the plans Alice drove to Pop's in the evening to go get something to eat. She was feeling famished and too tired to cook. As she approached she saw a very familiar man in the parking lot. He was talking to Hermione. FP and Hermione were busy laughing to notice the car coming down the street. FP opened the door for Hermione and walked in behind her. Alice's eyes followed them through the windows as they made their way down to a booth in the corner. Alice drove off to find a different place to eat. She did not want to watch them on a dinner date. Again she was jealous that he was giving Hermione the attention she wanted from him.

Inside the diner Hermione and FP continued to talk like they were outside. FP sat across from her. "I think he's just running late." He says looking at his watch. "Between you and me he was too nervous to ask you on a date alone."