FP turned to see Jughead awkwardly standing on the opposite side of the room. "You know she doesn't really mean that. It's the anger talking." Jughead assured him. "Maybe it's time to tell her why she's really gone."

"No, that would hurt your little sister too much. Let her think highly of your mom. She's still your mother." FP sighed. "She may have done terrible things to this family but Jellybean needs those happy memories she actually has with her."

"You would much rather her give you shit about everything instead of telling her the truth?" Jughead arched an eyebrow. "You're crazy. You know that? What about you?"

"It's fine," FP knelt down with the dustpan.

Betty came waltzing down the stairs after things calmed down downstairs. She joined Jughead in the kitchen, wrapping her arms around his waist and leaning her head against his shoulder. Jughead pecked a kiss on her temple. "Good morning." She chirped.

FP popped up from behind the kitchen island and walked over to the trash can. "Good morning to you too, Mr. Jones."

"Good morning, Betty."

"Are you leaving for work now?" Jughead asked his father.

FP looked down at his watch. "Yeah," FP had to be down at the station soon to clock in. "Keep an eye on JB for me, alright? Give me a call if you need anything." Jughead simply nodded. FP poured coffee into his thermos for the go. He grabbed his jacket from the coatrack by the door. From the corner of his eye he could see Alice standing at the top of the staircase. He gave her a quick glance before stepping out.

She turned at the end of the railing and walked towards the kitchen, but stopped when she heard Jughead talking to Betty.

"I think my dad should just tell her. Things are just going to get worse if he keeps letting her live in this fantasy my mom drilled into her head."

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I would tell her but my dad would give me an earful about it later. He's just trying to keep her happy even though it paints him as the bad guy."

"Maybe he's waiting for the right time."

"There will never be a right time. It's been months already."

"There's got to be something we can do."

"If you don't mind, I think I can help here." Alice came into their view.

"Mom?" Betty turned to see her.

"What do you have in mind?" Jughead asked. He didn't question her listening in. He needed the input.

"How about you two go get breakfast at the diner and I'll stay here and talk to her?"

Jughead and Betty looked at each other. He looked at her for her thoughts on this but nevertheless agreed. It was worth a shot. Jughead nodded and went to go get changed, as did Betty.

After the two left Alice went up to Jellybean's room and knocked on the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Alice, darling. Can we talk?"