"A Start Of A Reunion"

Start from the beginning

I guess you can't blame them.

"-and kids like you are the reason I became a professor to this school. I see so much growth amongst all of you and I am happy you are joining us today as better people, not letting past hardships define you as a whole. That's what this is about, growth."

Her words swam through Blake's head as her eyes closed.

Growth.

The feel of cool metal caught her attention. Opening her eyes, she noticed a bright yellow arm around her and was met with a warm smile.

She told herself not to look at the arm and instead focus on her smile and to smile back.

Don't think about that.

"I'm not gonna ask what's up, I have a feeling I already know." A thumb grazed under the faunas' eye, gently wiping away the slight moisture that tried to present itself.

Blake jerked slightly at the sudden movement, unaware of any tears there, and momentarily forgetting Yang's habit of wiping them away.
Something that she explained had started with Ruby; little red would cry for her mother and Yang was the closest she'd get while Tai was away.

Yang could be good at reading someone if she wanted to and yet, she didn't even have to do much reading to see that Goodwitch's speech was striking some chord in her.

Yang continued. "None of that. You'll get me started and we have to focus on beating Nora, remember...and we totally will."

Blake smirked at the blonde who fist pumped to herself. She did appreciate the smooth change of subject. Although, she still decided to poke fun.

"Is that all you care about today? Winning?" Blake asked with a raise of her brow.

Well it actually wasn't but apart of Yang really wanted to win that title and beat Nora, not just because of her smack talk either. She wasn't even 100% sure on as to why but she planned on them winning and being best couple, showing off that deed to everyone dammit!

The brawler had enough experience to know what not to say at least.

Sometimes.

"Nooo...?" Her voice seeped uncertainty, unsure on how to answer.

"I believe Yang meant to say, not at all, and to also keep PDA at a minimum because we get enough of that at the house." Weiss chimed in, placing a hand on Blake's shoulder.

"Yeah, but I'm only agreeing to half of that."

Weiss sighed. "Of course you are." She glanced at the faunas, then back to the blonde. "I'll just warn you, prematurely, that Nora is really on her A-game."

"-and you and Neptune? Happy couple yet, hmm?" Yang bore a wide grin.

The heiress glared at her before defeatedly walking back towards her "date".

"Ya think she's mad at me?"

"It's Weiss."

"Okay, super mad at me. Got it."

Blake giggled and they finished their conversation as everyone else slowly dispersed since the speech was over.

Those who still hung around, like Oscar and Ruby for example, were being terrorized by Tai and Qrow.

"But Dad, that's not fair! I never get to do anything." Ruby whined.

"You never get to do anything? Are ya serious kid? You've done more than some huntresses do in their lifetimes."