broken family

"Me and your father can't continue together anymore Kaori...we decided to divorce" my mom continued.

Hold on!! hold on!! What just happened? Divorce? Can't stay together anymore? Is this the same crap I am hearing right now? Those are not my parents....no they've been together more than 22 years now they know better.

"This is gotta be a joke isn't it? You're messing with me right now aren't you?" I let out a nervous laugh with a few tears making her way down my face. "Kaori.." my dad started but I snapped cutting him off.

"NO!! you guys went through everything the HAPPY and SAD moments and now you're saying you'll end everything you've belt?? I can respect your decisions but that crap you're talking about I won't get it...let me ask you something what about my sister? My brother is studying outside the country and I can take care of myself but what about her she's only 5 damn years old whose gonna raise her? Or are you telling me you'll get us both out of your life too" I snapped.

I know I've been rude and mean but I can't help it...they fought so many times before but they never went for divorce they always found their way back together then what changed now? What could possibly happened between them that they're thinking about divorce? Especially my mom I know her so well she'll always give up on her rest and give my father a second chance just for us....then what's wrong? I don't understand!

"Kaori we love both of you and your sister we would never do this to you and you know that" my mom said as she started to tear up, it hurt seeing my mom crying. "Then what's this is all about, for the god sake tell me the truth already" I cried more.

My parents stole glances at each other then looked at me again. "Remember when we went to your grandparents yesterday? They said they want another son Who can manage the company we run since your big brother went for medicine but you know that your mother can't give birth anymore so they want us to divorce and get married to another woman and if we don't do as what we were told they'll take you and your sister away from us and you know they can...Kaori I would never love anyone other than your mom I love her so much and we love you and want to stay together too but we don't have another choice" my dad explained as his eyes went glassy.