broken hearts

I went to the hospital for another checkup, I was getting sick and tired of all of it but I didn't have much choice.

When I finished and got the promotion to go back home I texted my mom and informed her that I am done. She said she's gonna be late so I had to wait for her till she comes and pick me up.

When I was walking I saw a piano I decided to play few songs to kill time.
The first song I sang was happier..I really love that song and felt like playing it.

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

When the morning comes
When we see what we've become
In the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind
Not the fire that we've begun
Every argument, every word we can't take back
'Cause with the all that has happened
I think that we both know the way that the story ends

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

When the evening falls
And I'm left there with my thoughts
And the image of you being with someone else
Well, that's eating me up inside
But we run our course, we pretend that we're okay
Now if we jump together at least we can swim
Far away from the wreck we made

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go
So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier
Even though I might not like this
I think that you'll be happier, I want you to be happier

Then only for a minute (only for a minute)
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go

I

finished singing and my mom hasn't come yet so I decided to play anothe song and it's my favorite its called you're the music in me.

In the middle of the song another voice joined singing, at first I was shocked and wanted to stop playing but instead I continued.

The voice belonged to a guy and it sounded familiar but didn't put my finger on it.

After I finished the song I said as I turned to see the guy, "you're a good sing-" but cut off when I saw who it was, I thought that I was dreaming but I wasn't. It's Thomas and he's actually here.

"T..Thomas? Why are you here?" I asked as I stood up. "I should be the one who's asking questions" he said getting closer.
"I am sorry Thomas I am sorry" was all I could say with a teary eyes.

Before he could say anything I ran off crying i heard him yelling my name to stop but i didn't listen and kept running not knowing where to go.

I ran out of the hospital to a park that was close when I was far enough that he couldn't see me I hid. I saw him running passing me with a worried mixed with confusion look on his face, I felt bad for him but he needs to forget about me.

When he was far enough I got out from my hiding spot but as soon as I did I pumped into someone I looked up and saw Gzi. Just great.

Without apologizing or saying anything I started to run. "Do you like him?" She shouted and I stopped. "Thomas, do you like him?" She asked again, I turned to face her trying to hold my tears. "No..I don't... he's my friend...at least he was" once I said that I started running again letting my tears streaming down my cheeks.

I kept running crying none stopping, I didn't know where I am going but I didn't really care, all I thought about was getting away, from Gzi, Thomas, everything but most likely to get away from my feelings.

All of sudden someone grabbed my arm stopping me from running any farther, I could hear his breaths. I turned and saw Thomas out of breath and sweating so hard.

I thought he was gonna yell at me but instead he hugged ms so tight at that moment I gived up on running I was so tired to fight him anyway.

"Don't you ever run away from me, you hear me Kao?" He simply said between breaths.

I didn't say anything and kept crying. After a while I calmed down and stopped crying, we pulled away and stayed silent.

Ever since we pulled away I was looking at the ground not wanting to look at him not ready to face him.

He tried to talk to me, asking about my health and why I didn't tell him anything but I remained silent.

He grabbed my shoulders and started shaking them. "Kaori answer me!!! Look at me" still I gived him nothing. "What's wrong? Why are you acting weird?" He asked again and again I gived him no response.

"KAORI!!" he yelled at this time he was getting angry. "THE THING IS THAT I DON'T WANT US TO BE FRIENDS ANYMORE" I yelled back, facing him this time.

His face mixed with confusion, anger and sadness. I can see how much I hurt him but it was nothing comparing to how much I felt for breaking his heart just because of my jealousy.

"W..what? WHY? DID I DO SOMETHING TO YOU? SAY SOMETHING KAORI" he asked all in one breath searching for answers.

"It's like you heard Thomas I don't want to be friends I don't want you in my life ever again" I yelled my voice crackin in every word I breathed out.

After long time of arguing Thomas finally took it all in but he ended hurting me even more. "So is that what it is huh? You're nothing different from everybody else, going around and use other people for your own-" before he could continue I slapped him hard on his face, my eyes started tearing up but before he could see it I ran off.

Why did it has to end like this