38.

I didn't sleep very long after last night's activities. I fell asleep not long after the fireworks, naked in Conrad's arms and woke while still dark.

I think it's because I'm not use to actually sleeping next to anyone. Getting up and getting dressed, I snuck silently to the closet, opening it and pulling out what felt like a warm coat.

It didn't bother me that I was taking his jacket because deep down, I knew I'll see Conrad again.

Wrapping the heavy and warm jacket around me, I left the room to where my bag and shoes were and picked them up, squinting through the darkness.

Gently closing the door behind me, I left the fancy apartment, using the elevator to go to the lobby and stepping out on to the street.

I still felt groggy and slightly unbalanced, but I had to put my shoes on, walking home in the awfully high heels.

The city was alive, barely, some people driving, mainly taxis, others walking and even looking like me, hungover, slightly regretful, but yet satisfied.

The sun had yet to make an appearance, but the city was slightly lightening up and I felt the cold breeze on my legs, making me hug the jacket around me even tighter.

Despite the shoes I was wearing and the frozen moisture on the sidewalk, I didn't mind walking home. It gave me time to think about anything that popped into my head. Whatever topic I thought of wasn't off limits and many things raced around my head.

I took my time, being careful due to the slippery surface, turning a corner. Nearly on the home stretch.

With a small smile on my face, I took in the city, my home.

Heading to my apartment, I stayed in my cloud of happiness, smiling like a fool even.

Opening the door to my loft, I turned the kettle on, wanting coffee and while it boiled, I went for a hot shower, warming my body up and dressed in leggings and a sweater, making my coffee and stood by one of the large windows, looking down at the city, watching it wake to the new year.

****

I've been invited back to Tiffany's a fortnight after new years eve. At first I was hesitant about the invite and told her maybe but as the days passed, that weekend loomed near, I found myself there anyway.

I was nervous as all hell because of Conrad. Why exactly?

Because of new years eve. Because of what happened and because I have never had a session like that before with anyone. I've come to notice that when I've orgasms the past few times, only one person has managed to get me there and it's the one person I've been telling myself he is forbidden to me, because I've made him forbidden.

Plus I hadn't returned his jacket.

I don't really want to return it. It was warm and smelt like him.

But I still ended up at Tiffany's place again. This time, something more modest in clothes. Tight jeans, a long sleeved but sheer blouse, a long jacket that was actually mine and boots.

Tiffany said it was a mixer. Bring a plus one even. So I did. I brought along an old friend, someone I met when I first arrived, a tall brunette named Hadley.

She was tall and thin, around my height actually and many times that night Tiffany had mistaken her from me from the back.

But as the night wore on, we all had wine and cheese in us, music playing at a low tone, we were laughing and chatting about little things, about work and our lives.

Tiffany didn't ask me if I had stayed last fortnight and I was grateful. I didn't want to tell her that I again slept with her fake husband.

Not that Tiffany cared, really. Not when she has been in the corner of the room, talking to another female, smiling flirtatiously at them and when I saw that, I felt happy that she was doing it, stepping out off her comfort zone.

Amy was also invited and arrived late, alone and flustered and I knew what she got up to before making her appearance.

I smiled a cheeky grin at her from across the room, my hand in Hadley's as we went down the hall, leaving the party behind us.

As soon as all was quiet, away from everyone and in a private world of our own, I turned to Hadley and kissed her, my lips on her as she returned it, her hands on my hips.

It's been a while since I slept with Hadley and we parted as friends, time taking over and when I saw her last weekend, I invited her to this thing Tiffany was hosting.

My hands glided up her hips, pulling her closer to me, tasting her. She tasted so sweet and I wanted more.

I wasn't sure if it was because I was worked up from just the kissing or because I knew what bedroom door I was near or the excitement of getting caught, but I pressed on as I heard her moan, my mouth moving to her neck, my hands sliding back down Hadley's body and squeezing her ass.

I felt the tugs in my hair, her fingers getting caught in it and I whinced a little, not too concerned.

Then we moved to behind a door, in to a room and I took it in straight away, noticing I haven't been in this room before.

I led Hadley to the bed, our lips still locked, the wine coursing through us and pulled away after a minute, undoing the buttons on my blouse whilst watching her do the same.