14.

Amy had finally gotten back to me.

Bitch.

Where was she when I needed her, hey? On the other side of the fucking world! That's where.

This is too funny.

Funny? She thinks my despair is funny? I could slap a girl!

Scratch all that I said.

I replied back. I was sitting on my bed, away from the world, not wanting to speak. Not to a soul. Thank God Susie is in the hospital still. Somehow she can read me like a book. A fucking picture book!

I am so angry with myself! I did it again!

Forget the mental word. Speak to a mortuary.

Just get a fucking gun.

Shoot me in the fucking head!

OMG! This is gold! Lol

How is this funny?

I don't laugh at you when you do this shit!

I wanted to bring her bouncing back to her ex but I wouldn't throw that in to her face. She is my best friend, but some words do hurt.

So, is Mr Hunky still a ten outta ten?

SHUT UP!

I groaned as I dropped the phone on to the bed. I wanted to scream in to my pillow and call myself a stupid skank.

Ohhh, you slept with him again! You naughty vixen! Meow! Grrr.

I didn't know whether to laugh, scream or cry at that.

Shut up, Amy!

I can't. It's so funny! I love you, but it's too comical.

I rolled my eyes at the message.

Trust me. Someday, you will look back and laugh at all this!

You mean hang my head in shame?

Ha ha. You're young, a model, sexy as fuck! Enjoy life. Enjoy Australia and all its sights Mr Hunky has to offer.

So much for the supporting best friend role.

I'm gonna find myself a new skank to call my bff.

I smirked at my phone waiting for Amy to reply.

Before I knew it, a ting was heard and I looked down at the message.

Bitch, please. You ain't gonna find anyone more fabulous than me!

I laughed and replied my agreement.

You'll always be my number one girl!

I didn't hear from Amy for a while after that and I sat on my bed, tapping my fingers on my knees. I knew it hadn't clicked to Amy yet and I was waiting for the penny to drop.

I got up and smiled at dad in his recliner. "Do you want a cup of tea, dad?" I called out to him from the kitchen.

"Please, bumblebee."

I grinned like a little girl, shaking my head as I filled and boiled the kettle. After making his tea, I started at the dishes, rinsing everything off and ran the hot water.

"Put them in the dishwasher, Maya." Dad called out and I froze. Busted. I knew he would disagree with me.

"Stay seated, dad. I'll do them." I yelled over my shoulder. But it didn't help at all. Dad still came in to the kitchen, croaking and slightly limping. "Go sit down."

"No. Leave them. I'll do them in the morning."

"No. I'll do them now. You go back to the telly, dad. I'm fine."

"Nonsense. You're a guest."

I huffed out, placing my hands on my hips. "And I'm still your daughter. I don't mind helping you."

"You are so stubborn." Dad grumbled at me and I grinned.

"Yeah, I wonder where I got that from."

After I finished the dishes, I said goodnight to dad and went back to my room where I left my phone on charge.

That's when I saw the missed phone call and all the text messages from Amy. Smirking to myself, I sat on my bed and opened the messages up.

Hold up....

Didn't you say he is engaged?

ENGAGED!

Oh fuck, May.

Fuck!

I'm being serious now, girl. Stop sleeping with him!

Finally, I replied back.

I'm trying! Like, really trying.

He is so... irresistible.

Man, I slept with my sister in laws step brother.

I fucked Conrad fucking Williams!

TWICE!!!

It took several minutes before I heard from Amy again and when I did, I was not surprised by what she sent. She gave me a few emojis, all different ones ranging from laughing to crying.

Why does that name sound so familiar?

I groaned. I didn't want to know.

Don't tell me. I don't want to know.

I told her. I really didn't. I just want to stay away from him.  I want to finish my visit and leave when it's time. I could go anytime that I wanted but I wanted to spend time with my family and I won't let Conrad stop me.

I made a mental note to myself to contact the agency tomorrow, see about this job in the city as well.