35.

"Conrad!" Tiffany greeted him. "What are you doing here? I thought you were coming back in a couple days."

Conrad looked at Tiffany than at me and I felt like shrinking.

"I changed my mind." He smiled at Tiffany. This is getting awkward. I don't mind being Tiffany's friend, but her husband, even if its only in name, I don't want to be around because weird things happen.

Weird things like me jumping his bones. Me wanting to jump his bones and by golly, I really wanted to right now. Conrad looked so hot in a buttoned down shirt, the top three buttons undone, his sleeves rolled up and his shirt barely tucked into his pants.

I bit down on my lip, suppressing all urges for my needs and wants because right now they are the same thing.

I felt Tiffany's hand on mine as she slightly tugged me. "My Lord. You are like ice! Get in the car." She offered and despite my body screaming no, I was freezing and got in to the car. The warmth surrounded me as I had goosebumps, my teeth slightly chattering.

I slid in all the way across, taking the further window seat of the car and Tiffany got in and closed the door.

A brief flick of hope went through me, thinking Conrad wasn't joining when the passenger door opened and he got in. My hopes died as quick as they came and I kept myself focused on what ever conversation was thrown my way.

But Tiffany was mainly talking to Conrad, asking him polite questions such as how was his flight and how is the family then went on to say that her aunt, Lorraine was declining in health.

I noticed we were heading to Tribeca, only a couple blocks further south than me. I kept quiet, wondering where exactly we were going.

"Maya?" Tiffany called to me and I snapped my head to her.

"Sorry. What did you say?"

"What were you up to tonight? I feel really bad, for interrupting whatever plans you had."

"Oh, um, yeah. Amy's fine with it. We were out clubbing." I answered in a blank tone.

"That explains that." I heard Conrad mumble and I went to snap at him but refrained myself.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Tiffany grimaced at me. "I feel really bad now."

"No, it's fine." I assured her. "I was becoming a third wheel anyway." I never bothered to add in what my other plans were.

"Well, we can't end new year on a bad note, now, can we?" Tiffany grinned. "Let's go have a few wines."

"Oh no, that's fine. I'll just head home."

"Nonsense. Come back with me." Tiffany smiled widely, making me feel bad about declining but she wouldn't take no for an answer.

I even tried telling the driver I'll go back home, but he kept driving straight ahead and I sighed, resigning to Tiffany.

"Yay!" She giggled.

I couldn't help but smiled weakly at Tiffany as she beamed.

It wasn't long before the car stopped and I was the first one out. Standing on the side walk of the street, in New York, on new years eve, wearing nothing but my skimpy outfit, I instantly became cold again, waiting for Tiffany.

I followed her as she casually walked inside the warm building. Conrad was behind me and I could feel his eyes on me but I refused to even acknowledge him at this point, focusing on what was in front of me.

"I'm so grateful that you came, Maya." Tiffany said to me softly as we stepped into the elevator. "That was all kinds of disaster. I don't even know where to start." She babbled as I stayed still and quiet, throwing her a weak smile.

Conrad was behind us, staying silent as well and I suddenly stiffened, holding my breathe as I felt a hand slowly go on my back. I peeked over at Tiffany and she was too enthralled in speaking, both of her hands in front of her. I didn't risk looking at Conrad, wanting to throw him a dirty look so I kept my eyes in front.

The doors finally opened and I let Tiffany step out first and she went straight for the first door and opened it, welcoming me inside.

I stepped quickly before Tiffany saw and away from Conrad, smiling widely at her and entering her apartment.

It was lavish but didn't feel right. It didn't feel homey, more of a showroom. Everything was steel and sharp, grey tones with some black and white. Shiny. Nothing personal about it.

Then I heard tapping and faced the direction it came from. In walked a white and grey shit tzu, it's fur with a bow above the eyes as it came for me, it's tail moving from side to side.

I dropped to my knees, holding my hands out to let it sniff me before it licked me and I ran my hand down its back. It was so soft and smooth.

"Molly." Tiffany called and the dog turned to her and sat down, lifting it's two front paws.

"Aw, that's cute." I whispered as Tiffany gave her a treat.

"Come on, Maya, let's have a drink."

I nodded, noticing that Conrad was gone and accepted the wine glass filled with the red wine.

Sitting on a grey sofa, I relaxed completely, loosing myself in the plush furniture. It looked uncomfortable but it wasn't. It was like sitting on a cloud.

"So what were you doing before I interrupted you?" Tiffany asked me casually, sipping her wine.

"I was out with Amy." Didn't I already tell her this? I thought to myself. "She'll be fine, last I saw, she was with some guy." I had hoped to end my night with some guy, but now, I saw nothing. Maybe I'll stay here, get a bit shitfaced with Tiffany instead.

We spoke about many things, her aunt, my family, Amy and other people I had introduced Tiffany to, drinking and laughing.

One bottle went to two bottles and we were both pretty happy from the alcohol. Tiffany stumbled to go and get another and I excused myself for the fourth time for the bathroom.

With my heels long gone, I tried as hard as I could to walk straight, not to touch the walls for support, heading to the bathroom.

Once I relieved myself and exiting, I turned around the corner to find I had walked straight into Conrad.