CHAPTER 49

It's an important and emotional chapter. Let me know what you think in the comment section.

Happy reading! ❤️

SAVANNAH'S POV:

I woke up feeling something soft beneath my body. I was on a bed. I peeled my eyes open and looked around to see our room empty.

My head turned to the door which opened just then and Adam entered through it. He was rubbing his eyes with his palm.

How did I come here?

"Hey, you're up." he spoke groggily.

"Yeah. What happened?" I asked sitting up.

"You hyperventilated. The doctor just left. You were under too much stress and it's good for neither of your health." he spoke nodding towards my stomach.

"I am a doctor." I argued.

"And you were unconscious. Pretty sure you couldn't have checked yourself in that state." he snapped.

I flinched and his eyes instantly softened.

"I'm sorry." he sighed tiringly, rubbing his face with one hand.

He sat on his side of the bed, his back turned towards me. I frowned and removed the sheets before crawling closer to him and hugging him from behind.

His right hand came to rest on mine on his chest.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." he whispered.

I rubbed my thumb on his knuckles and kissed his neck.

"Tell me." I probed further.

"I-I can't see you in this state, Savannah. I know, believe me I do, that you went through a rough patch just recently but I don't want you to overthink things that had already happened. We can't do anything to change that but what we can do is accept and move on." he whispered.

I retracted my hands and pulled away from him. He turned around immediately and looked at me with a small frown.

"You want me to accept and move on that my best friend and brother died? That my whole life was a lie? I'm trying, okay? That's why I moved away. I knew I had to deal with it alone-"

"You're not alone." he spoke cutting me off.

"Because I knew no one would understand and be insensitive about it." I spat.

He stood up from the bed with an angry scowl plastered on his face.

"DON'T YOU GET IT, SAVANNAH?! YOU COULD'VE LOST OUR BABY TODAY. YOU DON'T REMEMBER SO LET ME TELL YOU THIS THAT YOU HYPERVENTILATED. YOUR BREATHING WAS IRREGULAR, YOU WERE WRITHING IN PAIN ON THE FLOOR CLUTCHING YOUR STOMACH WHEN I FOUND YOU. AND YOU WERE PASSED OUT. IMAGINE WHAT I FELT WHEN I SAW YOU LIKE THAT! INSENSITIVE, YOU SAY? I KNOW I'M NOT THE BEST HUSBAND OUT THERE BUT I WASN'T INSENSITIVE. I LET YOU GO BECAUSE I FUCKING UNDERSTOOD. I CAN'T IMAGINE GOING THROUGH WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. JUST THINKING ABOUT IT PAINS ME TO NO EXTENT. DON'T FUCKING ASSUME STUFF ON YOUR OWN!" he roared in anger.

I gasped loudly.

I could've lost my baby.

Oh my God.

I jumped in surprise as the door slammed close with a loud bang. I blinked back the tears and shakily got out of the bed. I felt a bit dizzy and stood still for a minute before padding out of the room.

The balcony doors were opened and I saw Adam leaning against the railing. I swallowed hard and walked towards him.

Placing my hand on his bicep, I turned him around and circled my arms around his torso.