CHAPTER 5

SAVANNAH'S POV:
I have never seen a man so handsome. His eyes, I can't even describe. They're the most beautiful pair I've ever seen. I am drawn towards him like a moth to the flame. I am not a corny person but I swear my breath hitched the moment I laid my eyes on him. His voice was so deep, so husky. And his smile was breathtaking with his cute dimples. I've never noticed such small details about a man before. He was an exception.

"Mr. Avenetti?" someone called and he turned around almost immediately engaging in a conversation with him.

"Why'd you lie to me?" Anne asked and I shrugged.

"Because we can." I flipped my hair and she rolled her eyes muttering 'bitch' under her breath.

"Heard that." I said walking towards the bar.

"Oh, look at that. The doctor is about to drink her ass off." Nate pointed and I gave him a stink eye.

"Let her be, man." Adrian said and I silently thanked him in my head.

"Fruit punch." I raised my hand to the bartender and he smiled at me suggestively.

"What the fuck?" I frowned and he cleared his throat turning his back to me to prepare the drink. And partly in embarrassment.

"Hi." Zack greets sliding in next to me.

"Hi." I smiled and the bartender placed my drink on the counter.

"You don't drink?" He asked and I took a sip of my punch.

"Occasionally. I'm a doctor. I can be needed anytime." I shrugged gently and he nodded in understanding.

"What do you do?" I ask him.

"I am a lawyer." He said and I gasped.

"Oh my God. I've always wanted to be one." I tell him and he looks at me curiously.

"Why didn't you then?" he asked and I sighed.

"You can either be a doctor or a lawyer and saving other people's lives prevailed over my wish to pursue law." I state and he smiles genuinely.

"We need more people like you." he said and I gave him a small smile.

"Your performance was amazing, by the way. I need people like you in my life. He will probably throw me off the roof on my party." he pointed at Adam and we both chuckled causing him to direct his attention towards us. I shifted my gaze elsewhere and continued to sip on my drink.

"I have always had a lot of questions for doctors. Can I?" he asked expectantly and I smiled.

"Go ahead." I placed my now empty glass on the counter and turned my body fully towards him.

"Do you guys ever get anxious?" he asks.

"All the time. We're not perfect and we don't know what the future holds." I reply.

"How do you feel if you're not able to save someone despite putting a lot of effort?" he ask and I inhaled deeply.

"It's not easy for us but we have to get over it so we can focus better on the rest of our patients. Your head needs to be clear before and after stepping out of OT. There's no time to grieve when you're on duty. Later, yes." I explain and he opens his mouth again.

"Do you guys get attached to the patients?" I nod enthusiastically at his question.

"All the time. I remember all my patients and vice versa. Although we can't display too much emotions but a little show now or then doesn't hurt." I smile and he chuckles.

"You're boring her." Anne comes to my side wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Let her be the judge of that." he fake glared at her. I shook my head.

"Oh, she's too kind for her own good." Anne states and I elbow her in the stomach.

"Bitch." I mutter and she swats my arm away.

"Come on, I gotta introduce you to the wedding planner and a couple more people." she said and we both excused ourselves from there.

Finally after meeting a lot of people and explaining a lot of things about the wedding theme and decor, we came home.

"Call the poor woman over tomorrow, I don't think she registered much from my blabbing." I sighed softly and settled myself on the couch.

The guys arrived a little later causing Anne's and I conversation to cut short.

"Nate?" I called innocently.

He turned to look at me with a bored expression and raised a brow.

I kept my feet on the coffee table and he got the message because he stalked in my direction slowly. Everybody else, minus Anne, was eyeing the situation with a questioning gaze.

He bent his knees on the floor and started unstrapping my heals.

"I love you." I sang.

"Bitch." he muttered.

"Dog." I smirked.

"Tits." it was his turn to smirk

"Dick." I rolled my eyes.

"Go fuck yourself." he replied.

"Go fuck yourself." I mocked.

"Stop both of you." Anne huffed.

"Stop both of you." Nate and I mimicked causing everyone to erupt in laughter.

"It's a mystery why he does that." Adrian smiled and we both did a high five.

"You never will find out." I said and got up.

"Don't go just yet." Zachary chimed in.

I looked at Adam who had his nose in his phone. Then at everyone else.

"You and I" I said pointing between Zack and me "are never going to happen." I stuck my tongue out at him.

I could feel Adam's burning gaze in the side of my head but I ignored it.

Smiling one last time at Zack, who was still pouting, I walked to my bedroom.

I've been here so many times that I have my own bedroom now.

Tomorrow I have to go to my hospital here then discuss important stuff about wedding then unpack only the essentials I need on daily basis.

Slipping into my black silk spaghetti top and silk shorts, I put an early alarm on my phone and slept.

HEYY, I KNOW CHAPTERS ARE SHORT AND ALL AND BORING TOO BUT WAIT FOR IT!! ITS JUST THE STORY AND CHARACTER BUILDING.