CHAPTER 4

ADAM'S POV:
Putting on my white T-shirt with navy blue coat and blue jeans, I stepped out of my room. Anna and Adrian's marriage celebration party was taking place today at a farmhouse nearby.

"You ready man?" I asked Adrian as he steps out of his room putting on his jacket.

"Yep." he replied and we descended the stairs.

"How is she holding up?" I asked nodding my head in the direction of Anna's room.

"Don't even ask. I think their surprise is going to backfire." he chuckled.

"Surprise?" my brows furrowed and he nodded.

"They're coming. Nate was just pulling her leg. Don't tell her though." he clarified and my mouth formed an 'o'.

We reached the farmhouse in about fifteen minutes and Anna ran to my side. She looked beautiful in her black cocktail dress.

"Hey Anna, you look beautiful today." I complimented to cheer her mood up and it worked a little as she smiled slightly at me.

She hooked her arms with me before walking inside. The party was thrown only for friends and colleagues.

"I wish they were here." she whispered sadly and I patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry, let's hope they make it at least on the wedding day." I said and she nodded her head sighing heavily.

Halfway through the party, the lights went off all of sudden creating a chaos.

"What the hell is happening?" Zachary, my best friend, asked from beside me. He was also invited since Anna has worked with him quite a number of times.

"Don't kn-" I was cut short as the song 'girls like you' blasted through the speakers and the lights came back.

Everybody's head snapped in the direction of the dance floor where a girl and guy were dancing. I immediately recognised the guy, it was Nathaniel. Anna's best friend. I moved my gaze to the right and saw the most breathtaking woman ever. Her black locks bounced perfectly in the air, her curves moving in the most perfect rhythm. Her body was like a fucking Goddess. So flexible. She was gorgeous. I heard Anna squealing in excitement and surprise. Looking in her direction, I saw her jumping up and down which made me chuckle.

The song changed after a couple of seconds now playing 'Without me by Halsey' She was wearing a black crop top that showed her belly button with black leggings. Her coordination with Nate was applaud able.

Amelia.

A voice in my head spoke and I shook all these weird thoughts away. Why was I taking an interest in her? I already love someone else. Are they both together? I thought then averted my gaze.

Zack was looking at them both open mouthed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a drink. 'Say you won't let go by James Arthur' and my head snapped in their direction so fast I thought I'd get a whiplash. It was one of my favorite songs. Savannah only maintained eye contact with Nate, occasionally. I could tell she wasn't used to the crowd. I saw Adrian sneaking away to the dance floor as the song now playing was 'Rewrite the stars' Anna's eyes widened and a big grin spread across her face. The trio gave an amazing performance together. The lights went off again but only for a couple of seconds this time. Nate and Savannah disappeared.

We engaged in our conversations and I could tell how happy Anna was.

"I'm glad they came I was not in the mood of your temper tantrums." I said and she glared at me.

"Fuck you." she flipped me the bird and I laughed.

"I knew you still wanted to." I winked receiving a hard slap on my arm.

"Ow! what the fuck, woman." she smirked and opened her mouth to reply but her gaze shifted at something over my shoulder and she ran past me, literally screaming out loud.

"Bitch!" she exclaimed hugging Savannah tightly who immediately flinched and Nate rushed to her at once prying Anna off. They talked in hushed voices and Anna hugged her again, this time gently.

"I'm so sorry, baby." she cooed and Savannah just gave a small smile in return. I furrowed my eyebrows at the scene that unfolded just now.

"I missed you too." An angelic voice spoke quietly.

God. Why the fuck am I drawn towards her so much? I turned my back and looked at Zack who was almost drooling.

"What the hell, Zach?" I said and he gulped.

"She's so fucking hot. I've never seen someone so alluring, so.. so innocent." he says, his eyes still on her. I groaned and gulped down my drink.

A tap on my back made me turn around.

"Meet Nate." she introduced and we shook hands.

"Long time no see." he said and I nodded.

"How have you been?" I asked and he showed me a thumbs up making me chuckle.

"Still have not changed." I said and he shrugged.

"This is Savannah." Anna chimes in again and I shift my gaze at her who's resting her head on Adrian's shoulder. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder. They were laughing at something.

"Belle?" Anna called and they both stalked towards us.

"This is Adam, and this is Zach. They are very close to me." Anna introduces and she smiles gracefully at us.

"It's good to finally meet you both. She talks a lot about you." she spoke softly looking between me and Zach.

"Likewise." I returned her smile.

"You look beautiful in white." Zach spoke up making all of them laugh. I shook my head at his childishness.

"You never cease to mesmerise people." Adrian said and Savannah blushed a little.

"Aw, she's blushing." Nate and Anna spoke at the same time. She covered her face with her hands and hid in Adrian's chest who was also laughing.

She was beautiful in every aspect.

SAVANNAH'S dress