CHAPTER 21

SAVANNAH'S POV:

After all these years he has the nerve to come back and act as if nothing has ever happened? Doesn't he know what I went through every single day after he left, that I waited for him on my wedding day, that I wanted to be hugged by him. By my brother. Just because I didn't show it, doesn't mean that I didn't feel it even a single bit. Every time I needed him, I was reminded of how he left me alone because of his selfish reasons even after knowing how they treated me. 

And my father? He thinks he can come back after all these years and apologize to me thinking I will forgive him? Well, he's right. I did forgive him. Making the same mistakes as them will show that I am no different from them.

I can't help it. I can't see someone begging for my forgiveness. I mean who am I? I am so worthless why must people beg to me for anything?

Adam and I were now parked outside of his house. None of us dared to break the silence that engulfed us during the drive. The driver opened the door and I got out first walking straight ahead without looking at my back.

Something about that Ashton guy drove him to the edge, maybe they have a history or something. Business rivals are usually not that cold towards one another.

"Savannah?" His voice halted my steps in the middle of the staircase.

I turned around without a word, the images of him kissing Amelia flashing right before my eyes causing my eyebrows to scrunch.

"You asked for a  spare room, I got it cleaned today while we were out." he spoke. His eyes set dead on mine.

"You didn't have to, thank you." I replied politely.

"You can furnish it the way you like, I didn't know what you needed it for." he shrugged.

I nodded and was about to turn around when his voice resonated through the empty house once again.

"Your brother wishes to meet you." he exclaimed.

"I will talk to him. Thank you once again and goodnight." I said hastily and climbed the rest of the stairs.

Shutting the door quietly behind me, I took off my heels placing them in the shoe section of the closet. I liked to keep things organized, always.

Fishing my phone out of the clutch, I dialed the only number I knew would never lie to me about anything. 

"Zach." I muttered as soon as he picked up.

"Bella, what's up? Everything alright there?" he asked in panic.

"Why are you panicking? Why would anything go wrong here?" I asked curiously and there was silence on the other end for a solid minute.

"Nothing, just asking. You never call at this hour." he replied clearing his throat but I could still sense the nervousness in his voice.

"Meet me tomorrow at the hospital, will you?" I asked expectantly and he agreed.

I hung up shortly after that and grabbed a pair of black silk pajamas, walking inside the bathroom.

Zach will have to answer my questions. I need to know the truth. I need to know the relation between my husband and my sister.

I haven't told Nate or Anne about the kiss, they'll go batshit crazy. Specially Nate, he will probably murder Adam.

I can't believe Amelia did that right after she apologized to me and right after I forgave her. I sighed and got out of the cubicle, drying myself with a towel and slipping into the nightwear.