CHAPTER 40

SAVANNAH'S POV:

One can never explain the miseries they have been through, throughout their life in words partly because you can never express your correct feelings you felt in those exact moments.

They might be able to tell you what happened but that's about it.

The adrenaline rush, fear, terror, loneliness, sadness, happiness, joy, anxiety, nervousness, anger, confusion or whatever they felt, they can never open their hearts or minds to let you see that.

What you feel, no one else can.

The moment I woke up and found myself tied to a chair in a smelly basement, all those memories came rushing to my mind and the first emotion that I experienced was,  fear.

A day later I saw the familiar face of Ashton Hales. I remembered him from the party.

"Damn. He always sacks a beautiful girl. Lucky bastard." he sighed shaking his head.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To destroy your husband. And you, if we are talking about my physical needs, that is." he shrugged.

A chill ran down my spine making me shudder both in disgust and horror.

"What did he do to you?" I cried.

"It is story time, I believe." he said and sat in front of me making me squirm in the chair.
I wanted nothing more than for him to leave me alone or better yet, release me.

After two hours of him talking, which involved his college stories with Adam and what he did to his sister because she refused to run away with him, I was now sitting with my eyes and mouth wide open.

"Oh and it does not end here. When the time came for Adam to take over, there was a business proposal offered to both of our companies by the top architecture company in the whole States whichever approach best suited them, they would partner with them. I presented my plans and strategies to them and they approved but then your husband came in our way and doubled the profit that company was going to earn which made them turn to his direction because of his 'efficiency'. My company was already on the verge of bankruptcy and he took advantage of it. He ruined me. We had so many loans and salaries to pay and my dad had to go to prison for committing a fraud. Even in college, I loved Amelia dearly, but she chose him." he finished with a scowl.

"I am so glad she chose him. You are a psychotic monster of course the Morettis would never approve of you." I spat.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

"Shut up." he yelled at me.

"You need a doctor." I screamed.

Punch.

Punch.

"Oomph." I groaned in pain.

My jaw was surely dislocated by now.

It went on and on everyday until one day, he started tearing my dress apart.

I kicked or at least tried to kick and scream but it all fell to deaf ears.

"Please stop." I cried.

And he did.

I looked up at him shockingly.

"Tomorrow." he winked.

I was dreading the other day but it came as quickly as  possible.

My fate was sealed. I was missing Adam terribly.