CHAPTER 29

SAVANNAH'S POV:

I woke up and groaned feeling a weight on my stomach. My head was pounding. My room was dark. Wait, when did I shut the curtains?

I frowned and the faint smell of forest and trees engulfed my senses. Suddenly I was pulled and my back hit a rock hard surface.

My eyes widened as his head nuzzled in my hair creating a tickling sensation.

"Adam?"  I called. How did I get into his room?

Have I started sleep walking?

"Mm." he hummed and his hold on my stomach tightened.

"I-You'll be sick." I said.

"It's okay." he replied groggily.

The events of yesterday flashed in my mind and a gasp escaped my lips.

He heard everything.

My eyes began to water at once and I tried to release his vice like grip on me.

"Savannah?" his voice was soft now.

"Adam please, I-I have to go." I stuttered.

"No, you don't. I already informed your hospital that you won't be coming in today." he stated.

"Besides, you're sick." he added.

I turned around and faced him with a slight frown. Why the sudden change?

Oh.

He's pitying me.

My frown deepened at that thought.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I looked in his eyes.

"I don't appreciate you pitying me." I replied softly.

My flu was much better today but the headache was still there.

He caressed my cheek so lightly as if I will break.

"I'm sorry. I did not know." he simply said ignoring my previous statement.

I nodded and closed my eyes again. Might as well enjoy the caring treatment till it lasts.

"I'll ask someone to make you breakfast." he said and picked up his phone probably dialing Mrs. Cooper.

I snuggled closer to his chest and drifted off to sleep.

Breakfast can wait.

----

When I woke up the second time, the bed was empty. Disappointment flashed on my features but I shrugged it off.

What did I expect?

I walked to my bathroom and hopped in the shower. The thoughts of him knowing about me getting abused made me feel uneasy. If it was in my power, I would have never let him  get even a glimpse of my past.

Wrapping a white fluffy towel around my body, I walked inside my closet and slipped on a blue jumper with blue short shorts.

I heard my bedroom door open when I was looking for my fuzzy slippers and turned around just in time to be tackled by Ace and Bella.

I giggled as they licked my face.

"My babies. How have you been?" I asked petting both of them while sitting on the floor cross legged.

"Been surprisingly good." His rough and deep voice spoke.

I looked up startled by his presence. He was leaning against the door frame casually dressed in a blue sweatshirt and grey sweatpants.