CHAPTER 37

SAVANNAH'S POV:

"Isa, I have to tell you something." Adam said.

"Can it wait till everyone leaves tonight, please?" I asked.

"Uh.. Sure." he hesitated yet agreed.

"Okay." I said and slipped into a simple baby pink dress.

All the while Adam kept leaning against the closet door, looking at me intently

I turned around after spraying some perfume and sighed at his fidgety state.

"I promise we will talk as soon we're both alone." I smiled walking up to him.

His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I don't want to lose you, Isa. I really, really like you and I want to experience the life with you by my side from now onwards. I'm sorry for being a major dick to you earlier. Please, give us a chance and forgive me?" he said.

My heart warmed upon hearing those words coming out of his mouth. I had longed for them since forever.

I smiled up at him and cupped his face in my hands.

"You'll never lose me." I said softly.

That was my answer to him. It meant I agreed and he got the message too because he smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Come on." I said pulling away.

He intertwined our hands and we went downstairs to receive our guests.

Christmas was today and despite the tragedy Ainsworth family was going through, they still agreed to come when I invited them.

"Dad." I rushed to him, freeing my hand from Adam's vice like grip.

Dad laughed looking at Adam who looked like a sad child gazing at his now empty hand.

We hugged and Drew came waddling inside with what seemed like gift bags.

"Hi peasant." Adam mocked.

Drew scowled at him which quickly morphed into a full blown grin upon seeing me.

"Savannah." he shouted and slammed his body with mine almost knocking me to the floor in the process.

I laughed hugging him back but was roughly pulled away by someone.
Adam.

"Careful there, Andrew." Adam said.

Drew locked his jaw and fixed the most meanest glare on Adam.

My eyes confusingly darted between the two brothers but their rigid stance showed that neither of them was joking.

Did they fight?

The sudden tension was noticed by Ivan too but before he could say something, Zack's and Nate's family walked through the front door.

I looked at Adam who smiled at me like nothing had happened just a minute ago.