CHAPTER 35

SAVANNAH'S POV:

It had been two days since we arrived here, things have been flowing just fine. Adam did not tell me why Amelia and Frederick were here nor did I ask. Not to mention he had been awfully quiet.

Nate and Anne did not handle the information well. Okay, scratch that. 'Well' is an understatement. They both went nearly ballistic. Had it not been for my begging and a couple of tears here and there, this trip would have turned completely upside down.

I, as usual, got scolded by the both of them for keeping such secret for a very long time. They went as far as calling lawyers and getting my divorce papers ready.

Obviously, I wasn't going to give up on our marriage just yet not to forget the promise his mother took that keeps nagging me every second of the day.

All my life, people have walked all over me and I allowed it thinking one day, maybe one day, it will all change. Things will be in my favor and I will regain my parent's love, my family's love.

Now that I think of it, I wasted all those years. How stupid could I be? I should have known this the very day of my graduation when I found no familiar face in the crowd. Or when I inaugurated my hospital a year ago and none of them showed up.

I just don't get disappointed anymore because secretly in my heart, I know something bad will happen and it will hurt me. It would now take a lot more than even a bullet to break me.

I'm strong but I was stupid. Maybe still am. I never confronted Adam about Amelia. What if they're still together? Am I trying to save a ship that had already sunk?

Is it too late?

Shaking my head, I dismiss all the negative thoughts away and turn the bedside lamp off. Everyone is still sitting outside near the beach but I just didn't feel like it so I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

----

I felt someone draw circles on my back and I stirred a little but it was pretty hard seeing that I had a weight on my waist. I snuggled more in the warmth when my eyes flew open at the voice.

"Good morning." he said. His voice was husky and more deep than usual.

"Morning." I said back and looked up to see myself pressed flush against his torso.

I tried to wiggle out of his strong grip but of course he wouldn't budge.

"Don't." he said.

"I have to pee." I told him as a matter of fact.

"Alright." he said and squeezed me close one more time before lifting his arm off my waist. I pushed the sheets down and strutted towards the bathroom.

After peeing and brushing my teeth, I decided to take a quick shower. Securing a towel, I went out and found Adam sleeping again.

I quietly opened my suitcase and took out a red string bikini with a sheer black over the top.