CHAPTER 26

Hey guysss, If I don't update the next week then know that I have my exams coming up and I will be super busy burying my nose in the notes I haven't once looked at. Soooo.... Enjoy! Have a great day. :D

SAVANNAH'S POV:

"No Chase!" I shouted but immediately regretted as a coughing fit hit me hard.

"Savannah." he came forward but I took a step back.

"Don't come near me." I croaked out.

Ace and Bella started barking at him but I sent them downstairs.

"You're over reacting." he huffed.

"I'm over reacting Chase? Wow. Some nerve you have." I scoffed.

I sneezed and wiped my nose with a tissue. He was looking at me with hurt visible in his eyes.

"You knew what they did. You knew exactly what happened in front of your eyes, every single day Chase. What did you expect they'd do when you leave? You said you'd call, you didn't. It's been two whole years. I missed my brother, I waited for him at my wedding, I waited seven hundred and thirty days for my brother to come hold me and tell me that he's here. But he wasn't. I guess I expected too much from you. It's my fault in the end. It has always been my fault. I didn't ask any of it, parents, siblings, life, wedding, heck even my husband. You guys decided everything for me. This marriage is a business deal. I was traded for a mere bucks. Do you know what I had to go through Chase? No, you left. You got your football scholarship in a prestigious college here but you still went away with your cheating ass of a girlfriend. I was abused mentally, physically and emotionally every fucking second of my goddamn life. Your mother pushed me from the stairs in hopes of ending my life. You went away because your mother started feeding you lies about me. You think I would never find out? Well, newsflash. You don't know or understand half of the shit I had to go through just because I was born so excuse me if I am over reacting." I finished and he stood there frozen with teary eyes wide open.

"I-I am so sorry." he whispered looking anywhere but at me.

"It's done Chase. The damage's done." I sighed and sneezed.

"How's Adam treating you?" he asked and I gulped remembering the words he so harshly spoke last night.

I hate you so much, Savannah.

"He's treating me the way he should. You don't have to worry about it, or anything for that matter." he was about to open his mouth again but I beat him to it.

"Close the door when you leave."

A tear finally rolled down his cheek and I had to look away otherwise I would just hug him and tell him it's all okay. But it's not.

He opened the door and closed it quietly behind me. I turned around and stared at the door sadly and longingly.

I heard muffled voices outside and my eyes grew twice their size.

ADAM'S POV:

As soon as I opened the door, Ace and Bella came running towards me and started barking. I laughed and and patted their heads.

Discarding my jacket on the couch, I heard them both barking and I turned around to look at them. I frowned when they turned in the direction of the staircase and started running there.

I followed them until they stopped just outside Savannah's door.

"You said you'd call, you didn't. It's been two whole years. I missed my brother, I waited for him at my wedding, I waited seven hundred and thirty days for my brother to come hold me and tell me that he's here. But he wasn't. I guess I expected too much from you. It's my fault in the end. It has always been my fault. I didn't ask any of it, parents, siblings, life, wedding, heck even my husband. You guys decided for me. This marriage is a business deal. I was traded for a mere bucks. Do you know what I had to go through Chase? No, you left. You got your football scholarship in a prestigious college here but you still went away with your cheating ass of a girlfriend. I was abused mentally, physically and emotionally every fucking second of my goddamn life. Your mother pushed me from the stairs in hopes of ending my life. You went away because your mother started feeding you lies about me. You think I would never find out? Well, newsflash. You don't know or understand half of the shit I had to go through just because I was born so excuse me if I am over reacting." I heard Savannah almost shouting at Chase.

My body went numb upon hearing every syllable that came out of her mouth. She was abused? Is that why she flinched that day in hospital? God. All the signs were in front of me but I was so blind.

Her mother was the one who pushed her? But why? Why didn't she say anything about it?

"I-I am so sorry." I heard a faint voice.

Ace and Bella ran towards my room.

"It's done Chase. The damage's done." and then I heard her sneeze.

"How's Adam treating you?" he asked. I stood there waiting for her answer.

"He's treating me the way he should. You don't have to worry about it, or anything for that matter."

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. She thought she deserved to be treated that way?

"Close the door when you leave." she spoke.

The door opened and revealed Chase in a disheveled state. He looked at me and his jaw clenched.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Came to see my sister." he spoke.

"Why? So you could hurt her more?" I asked bitterly.

"You're not treating her right either. If I remember correctly, you are Amelia's ex. Welcome to the club buddy." he gritted out making my jaw tick.

"Shut the fuck up." I roared in anger.

"Stop it both of you, please." Savannah said coming out and cutting her brother off.

"Please." she pleaded.

I saw her pale face and I instantly knew she was sick.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that." she said looking at me then turned towards her brother.

"Don't come here again, Chase. Come to the hospital or any other cafe. Whatever." she sighed and clutched her head tightly with her right hand.

"Savannah." We both said simultaneously and glared at each other.

"Leave me alone, please." she whispered.

My heart tugged at how she sounded so drained and broken.

She went inside her room and closed the door quietly behind her.

Chase left too and I went to my room to find both the puppies sleeping on the bean bag. I hopped in the shower and changed into sweats and a long sleeved white shirt.

The weather is changing and it's getting cold now in New York.

I went to her room to find her sleeping with a couple of used tissues spread here and there. I picked her up and carried her to my bedroom.

Laying her down gently, I settled next to her and she snuggled closer to me, hiding her face in my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her petite yet curvy form and hid my face in her heavenly smelling hair.

I don't care if I catch her cold, I just want to comfort her right now. Drawing patterns on her back, I heard her sigh softly in her sleep.

Just yesterday I was thinking she was treated like some princess when all her life she has been through hell. But why?