CHAPTER 25

ADAM'S POV: (FINALLYYYY :D)

Life is so unpredictable, it's like you never know what's going to happen the very next second. Who could've though I would lose my mother like this? 

She was an angel guiding me to the right path, always standing by my side no matter however cold I was. She was the one who convinced me to marry Savannah too.

She always had her ways to get things done and they always worked. i am going to miss her so much. She'll always be a part of me. I know she'll be watching over.

"Adam." her angelic voice grabbed my attention.

She was standing there with a tray of food, as usual. This was a like a daily circle. I rubbed my face with my let hand and sighed in exhaustion.

My right wrist got fractured a little yesterday due to punching the wall in a very wrong angle. I was frustrated with her. How could she still be so warm and kind towards me after everything I have said and done?

I hate how she manages to ease everything inside of me, every night.

She sat down on my lap and started feeding me. I literally just yelled at her less than twenty four hours ago. 

"I hate you so much, Savannah." I said in a frustrating manner.

"I know Adam, trust me I do." she replied and continued her work.

When she was done, she silently got off my lap and started collecting the dishes.

I looked closely at her and saw light bags under her eyes, she looked worn out and completely drained. I furrowed my eyebrows at her state.

She went to the kitchen and came back after a few minutes.

"Come on." she said grabbing my left wrist and I followed.

Why did she have to be so good? Why couldn't Amelia be like her?

She changed my shirt and shorts all the while looking at the wall behind my bed.

I wasn't allowed to move my wrist for a week, at all.

"Goodnight." she said quietly and turned my bedside lamp off.

I wanted to reply, to tell her to stay here with me but instead I kept quiet and she left almost immediately.

My eyes closed shut and I drifted off to sleep.

In the middle of the night, I woke up feeling extremely thirsty.

Jogging down the stairs I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down.

On my way back to the room, I decided to check on Savannah. I quietly opened the door to her room and found Ace and Bella sleeping in their designated spot.

My eyes then landed on a curled figure sitting on the bed. Her knees were pulled close to her chest and her head was buried in her arms. She was rocking back and forth, mumbling incoherent words.

I frowned and opened the door eider to step inside. I reached closer to her and put my hand on her bare arm.

She gasped and looked up.

"I didn't kill her, please." she said.

My eyes widened, both at her state and her words, her face was tear stricken and her nose and eyes were red from all the crying.

"Savannah? What's wrong?" I asked uncertainly.

"I didn't kill your mother. Please. I swear. Make them go away." she cried and my eyes were about to pop out of their sockets.

"I-please don't blame me. I didn't, okay? I really didn't." my heart rate accelerated at an abnormal pace.

Fuck.

Guilt coursed through my veins.

"Hey, Sshh. I know, I know you didn't. I'm so sorry. Shit." I sat down and pulled her on my lap, wrapping my arms around her shaking figure.

"Please." she kept mumbling and my heart clenched tightly.

"I'm so sorry baby. I didn't mean that. I was just angry, I know you're not to blame. Please forgive me." I said and massaged her hair with my fingers.

"I am so sorry." I said once again.

Fucking man of the year I am. She hadn't been sleeping for God knows how many days. All because of me.

Her sobs subsided slowly and her body went still.

I moved her hair out of her face to see her eyes wide open. She looked up at me and my heart tugged at the sight of her so broken. But it was gone as soon as she blinked her eyes once.

She pulled away and got off my lap, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry." she whispered quietly.

"You should go to sleep." she said and settled under the covers facing away from me.

My jaw clenched and eyes shut tightly because of the guilt of putting her through this.

She wasn't born to face such environment. She was raised and treated like some Royal Princess but she had to face such difficulties ever since we got married.

SAVANNAH'S POV:

I finally let the tears slip once again as soon as he closed the door.

I really want to hate him too, yell at him, tell him that all I ever wanted was to be loved. But that's probably not going to happen, not in this lifetime at least.

I can't hate him because I might have just fell for him. Real hard.