CHAPTER 10

ADAM'S POV:
I enter my parent's house and was greeted by our butler, John, who led me to the dining room even though I knew the way.

"Hello everyone." I said stepping inside.

My mom rushed to my side and hugged me.

"I missed you son." she said and I smiled, suddenly feeling at ease.

"I missed you too, mom." I replied and kissed her cheek.

I greeted my younger brother, Andrew, who was studying Business in Harvard and was here on vacations.

"How have you been man?" I asked and he smiled cheekily.

"Awesome." he stated casually and I rolled my eyes.

"Still childish." I said.

"Still brooding." he replied.

"Stop bickering both of you." mother shushed us.

"You're aging, old man." I joked and dad playfully glared at me.

"Still more handsome." he smirked cockily.

We chatted throughout the dinner and afterwards settled in the living room.

"So?" I asked.

"Yeah. About that, Uh, your mom and I decided something." he said making me frown.

"And?" I urged them to continue.

"You're getting engaged tomorrow. We really like the girl and it's good for business too." he stated.

"WHAT?" I yelled standing up.

"Adam." mother warned and I sat down again.

"You can't do this to me." I stated.

"You know we would always select the best for you, right? Trust us on this." dad spoke once again.

I tried hard to control my anger. I don't want to disrespect my parents. I love them too much to do that.

After an hour of arguing, they finally convinced me.

I sighed and grabbed my keys from the table and stood up.

"Adam, wait." My brother called.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Drew." I replied without turning around.

"At least, take a look at the girl's picture." my mother pleaded but I walked out.

I needed to be alone. This is way too much to digest.

I just got out of a relationship. I don't want to start another one, specially with a girl I don't even know the name of.

I don't think I will ever be able to move on from Amelia and I am sure that I don't have it in me to love someone else.

I don't need another woman in my life who tells me what to do, what to wear, whines all the time, needs my attention twenty four seven, isn't supporting and is a lying cheating bitch.

I know not everybody is the same but I am not taking risks especially when it comes to marriage.

The next morning someone shook me awake and I opened my eyes to see Zach standing there with a huge grin plastered on his face and a black bag in his hands.

"Wakey Wakey." he cooed.

"What?" I sat up.

"Listen man, I know it's not the best news for you, especially given the circumstances right now but you promised your family. Maybe it turns out to be good for you." he reasoned.