CHAPTER 7

SAVANNAH'S POV:

"Green tea relaxes your mind and body not coffee." I nudged Adam who was busy finding something in the cabinets. He turned around abruptly at the sound of my voice and I giggled at the look of astonishment on his face.

"Of course, you'd know." he said recovering from the shock. I stepped closer to him and I swear his breath hitched as our fronts almost touched. I extended my hand above his head and his gaze flickered to my lips.

"There you go." I say handing him the maple syrup and step back. He gulped.

"huh?" he breathed.

"The syrup? For waffles?" I say pointing at the plate of waffles.

"Yeah, uh thank you." he cleared his throat.

"Thank you for last night." I smiled politely and left the kitchen.

WEDDING DAY

I huffed reaching the zipper of my dress for the tenth time. Goddamit. I groaned and gave up.

A knock erupted on my door and I shouted a 'come in'

"I heard you groaning. What's wr-" Adam froze. Our eyes locked with one another through the mirror.

"I-I'll help." he took slow, measured steps towards me. I turned around faced him, my lips parting in shock. My breathing became ragged, he can't see the marks on my back.

"Adam, it's okay. I'll do it myself or call someone else." I mentally patted my back for not stuttering.

"It's alright. Everybody else is busy anyways." he gently turned me around. I gripped the edges of the vanity table so tight that my knuckles turned a new shade of white.

ADAM'S POV:

She turned around and I frowned as I saw her gripping the edge of her vanity table tightly, her breathing coming out in small pants.

I held the zipper of her dress and kept my eyes on locked onto hers through the mirror. A thin layer of tears gathered in her eyes and she shifted her gaze. My fingers now rested on her forearms. She leaned her back against my chest and I made soothing patterns on her smooth skin. 

I did not know what was bothering her this moment. All I knew was I had this sudden urge to comfort her, so I did.

I pressed a chaste kiss on her temple and felt her shiver. I don't know why I did that. Lately, there's no justifications for my actions.

"Come on, let's go." I say and she gulps.

She stepped away from me and put on her heels that matched her dress. 

"You look beautiful." I smile to ease the tension in the room.

"Thanks." she replies shyly. 

We both walked out of the room and down the stairs.

"Oh my God Belle, look at you." Adrian's mother spoke and she smiled politely at her.

"Where's Anna?" she asked.

"She's out in the backyard for solo photo-shoot." Savannah chuckles at that.

"Hey, you look beautiful." Nate exclaims coming in view. His smile falters as he looks at her than me. 

She moves closer to me and out of instinct my arm wraps around her waist.

"Are you okay now?" I ask in concern. She gives me a weak smile. One thing I learned about her was that she will smile, no matter what.

She sighs and walk towards the garden.

"Come on, let's leave." I say and everybody nods.

"Can I have a minute?" Nate asks and I already know what this is about.

"I heard her groan as I was passing by her room so I asked her what's wrong. Her zipper was stuck and she couldn't reach it. So I did it for her but I never once moved my gaze away from here her eyes." I explained and he sighed.

"I'm sorry if she acted out. The reason is quite personal." he says.

"I respect that." I pat his shoulder.

NATE'S POV:

We reach the church in time and the flower girls enter first, then Belle as she was the bridesmaid and finally Anne enters with her father.

The look of pure love and awe on Adrian's face removes doubts from my heart. Not that there were any to begin with. He's looking at her as if she's the only thing that exists in this universe.

I am standing next to him and beside me is, Adam. Savannah stands opposite to us in her place on the staircase.

Soon the vows are exchanged and the married couple seals the deal with a kiss. I am so happy for the both of them. They two have been inseparable since high school.

I walk towards Savannah who's chatting with some guests. 

"Hey, can I have a moment?" I ask and she excuses herself.

"Yeah?" she asks as soon as we're in the far corner.

"Adam told me what happened. He didn't see anything, Belle." I say and her shoulders slump.

"I know." she spoke so quietly if I wasn't standing this close, I would have asked her to repeat.

"It's just. I-I thought he'll see it and you know how private I am about my personal life." she gulps but I know there's something more to it.

"You like him, don't you?" I ask.

"He has a girlfriend." she says in a monotone voice.

"You didn't deny." I retort.

"You want me to?" she looks me in the eye and I shake my head.

ADAM'S POV:

After all the speeches, it was time for father and daughter's dance. Then came the couple dance, a lot of people joined the floor afterwards.
I saw Savannah dancing with Nate. She looked breath-taking in that dress.
I walk towards her as her second dance with Zack is over.
"May I?" I ask extending my hand.
"Sure." she flashes her million dollars smile that warmed my heart.
Her hands wrapped around my neck and mine around her waist holding her firmly yet gently.
"Are you okay, now?" I ask as she rests her head on my chest.
"I am fine." she looks up to meet my eyes and I get lost in them for a minute.
That moment, I didn't want it to end. I shouldn't but I did. I did feel content. I did feel comfortable. I did tighten my grip on her waist. I did want the moment to last.

SAVANNAH'S DRESS^

SAVANNAH'S DRESS^

Another chapter for y'all! Hope you're enjoying it so far. :)