CHAPTER 15

ADAM'S POV:

I was sitting next to her bed clutching her hand tightly in mine.

"Adam relax, there's nothing to be worried about." Zach patted my shoulder.

"I-I don't know why I'm feeling this sudden need to protect her, honestly. I hate her, if anything. I should hate her." I feel so frustrated right now.

"Look man, she has nothing to do with the U-turn your life took. Her parents forced her too. Don't involve in her your weird revenge scheme. Please, it's not even her fault. Move on, you have a beautiful wife to come home to now." he said making me ball my hands into tight fists.

Savannah stirred all of a sudden and I loosened my grip. I got up and pushed a few stray locks of hair away from her face.

"What happened?" she croaked out.

I gave her a glass of water and she drank it in one go.

"You fainted." I state with a frown.

"Oh." she says detaching the IV and trying to stand up.

I pushed her back on the bed, holding her shoulders.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I come here to treat patients Adam, not myself." she replied and I was taken aback due to the tone she used. It wasn't soft as usual, instead it was frustrated and annoyed.

"Sorry." she quickly apologized.

"Hi Zach." she greeted and he glared at her.

"Enlighten us why you haven't eaten anything in almost three days?" he demands but she just shrugs placing her feet in the slippers.

"A human body can survive for twenty one days without food." she stated leaving us both baffled behind.

"It's official. I hate her. She's annoying." I say and Zach gives me disapproving look.

"Piss off, man." he left too.

Mom woke up two hours ago and she looked less pale than before. She was surprisingly in a cheery mood but it all went south when we told that her daughter in law fainted because she haven't had anything in her system. Careless child.

"Savannah, please go eat something." I state as I see them talking to her friends.

"Yeah, you should go with him. We're leaving anyways." Anne stated.

Nate hugged her and kissed her forehead after scolding her for not eating anything and left.

"Happy to know that you care." she said looking at me.

"I don't. I just have to pretend in front of my family." I reply harshly.

A look of hurt crosses her face but she masks it quickly.

"Right." she said and walked away.

I grab her wrist and stop her but she doesn't turn around.

"Savannah, I'm sorry. Okay? Just please eat something." I say quietly.

"You don't have to pretend. No one's around." She tugged her wrist and started walking in the opposite direction.

I groaned and made my way inside mom's ward. She can do whatever the fuck she can.

"We're taking her home today." dad announced.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Belle said that she will appoint a nurse for mom who will stay with her twenty four seven and all the medical attention that she requires. Mom requested her with a pout." he rolled his eyes.