CHAPTER 19

SAVANNAH'S POV:

It's been a week since I saw Adam kissing Amelia and we've both been pretty distant ever since. I eat alone, nothing new, and usually avoid seeing him which means coming home late and leaving early. 

I can't help but feel Amelia is Adam's ex but I am still not one hundred percent sure. It could be someone else too, right? I shook my head and made my way to Ethan's room. 

"Hey buddy." I greet him. 

He shifts his gaze from the TV and looks at me, a wide grin stretching across his face.

"Hi Doctor Belle." he greets back.

"How are you feeling now?" I ask examining his reports which were much better now.

"I'm feeling great." he shrugs.

"Your accident was pretty bad. It's a miracle you survived." I ruffle his hair.

"Thanks to you." he smiles slightly.

"It's my job kiddo." I reply.

"I really like you." he showed his white pearly teeth.

"I'm too old for you kid." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Your husband is one lucky man." he said.

"So I've been told." I smile.

"I really am going to miss you when I leave." his voice became sad all of a sudden.

"Aw, you can always visit me. My patients does that all the time." I said and saw his eyes light up.

"Really? I'll bring Mindy over too then." he said making me chuckle.

"Sure, she's a lovely girl. Don't ever break her heart." I point my finger at him and he nods.

"I would never hurt her, I promise. She's very precious." he sighed.

"Alright, you get to go home tomorrow but you'll still be needing crutches to walk so no school for ten days, at least. Mindy's been kind enough to bring you notes. I saw you guys studying yesterday." I hand him a pack of smarties.

"Thanks and yeah, we were. We want to go to med school together."

"I'm already proud of you." I chuckle and he joins along.

"See you tomorrow, buddy." I say and leave.

"See ya." I hear him shout from the other side of the door.

We have grown pretty close over the past few weeks of him being here. This is regular though. I believe you don't have to make people feel sick more than they already do. It's all in the head. Talk to them like they're all good instead of pitying them and worrying about them.

I opened the door to my office to find Diana sitting inside with Ivan.

"Hey you." I smile and their heads turn towards me.

"Hey Belle." they both speak simultaneously.

"How are you feeling?" I ask taking of my stethoscope and going inside the washroom to wash my hands.

"I am sick of eating boiled vegetables, no spice foods." she pouted like a child.

I hugged them both and settled on my chair.

"You're in no position to complain." I joke.

"Yeah, yeah." she rolls her eyes with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Do you have any issue with the doctor who does your weekly check ups?" I ask.

"No." she replies.