Chapter 56

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX:

- Birthday Past -

Tarvy

MAYBE I was wreckless. Maybe I take it like it was easy. Maybe I didn't take this seriously. Or maybe I was so confident that I would find her immediately. I can find her as soon as I make a move myself because I am Death. The most powerful, efficient, and great mafia boss.

But it all leads me to disappointment. Not only do I disappoint myself but so do my son and the people around me. Especially my wife, Lexine.

I am really such a disappointment.

Tapos, imbes na lumaban mas pinili ko ang sumuko. Fvck, I even told them that the only way I can have my Lexine back is to put myself in danger. Na para kapag nakarating man 'yon kay Lexine babalikan niya ako kahit na dahil lang sa awa.

And that is how desperate, hopeless, and stup*d I am.

Thankfully, Alexis knocked some senses out of me, because if she didn't, I didn't know if I was still sane right now. Baka nga nasa isang mental institute na ako.

Alexis' right. All of the words and accusations that she made were right. I am a disappointment to everyone, that I am not myself, and that I don't deserve everything, especially Lexine but that's before.

Dahil ngayon? I am not that Ali anymore.

"What?" I asked, talking about the search for Lexine.

I was waiting for Alexus' answer as I was looking outside of my glass wall, staring at the whole BGC while sipping on my glass of wine. At ng hindi ako makarinig ng sagot, I face him with my stoic face.

"Still the same Ali. We did look for the other places even in the remote provinces in every part of the country. Blythe and some of our men tried to look outside the country kahit na walang records ng paglabas ni Lexine. And he can't find her. The hakkens also did track and hack every mafia record just to find information but still have no result," walang emosyong sabi niya.

Naibaba ko naman ang hawak na kopita sabay malamig na muling nilingon siya.

"You are all working yet none of you found her?! Noong una ay matatanggap ko pa kasi pili lang ang pinakilos ko pero what the hell, Alexus?! Lahat kayo kumikilos na! I am even moving with my own so how is that? How the fvck is that we can't find any of her trace nor her fvcking k*dnapper's?! Damn it!" I outrage.

This is absurd. Fvck!

"We will look again, Ali," tanging sagot niya.

I just dismissively waved my hand for him to take his leave. I heard him sigh before the steps and the closing of the door occurred.

Nang malamang nag-iisa na lang ulit ako sa kwarto ay doon ko inilabas ang galit na kanina ko pang pinipigilan.

"Fvck!"

I shouted and shouted while throwing and making havoc inside this room I am in. Until I didn't realize that my tears were flowing in. Kung hindi pa siguro natuluan ang kamay ko ay hindi ko pa malalaman na umiiyak na pala ako.

Nanghihinang napaupo ulit ako sa swivel chair habang nakahawak ang mga kamay ko sa mukha ko.

"Lexine, where are you?"

I know she's still alive. I am sure of that. But why is it that I can't still find her? A year has passed yet here I am still clueless about my wife's whereabouts.

Damn. Just where the hell are you, Lexine? You are making me so damn worried, wife.

Napaangat ako ng tingin sa glass door ng office ko na konektado sa desk ng secretary. Marahang pinunasan ko na lang ang mata ko as I composed myself.