02| Crazy Rich American Mums

Start from the beginning

"Father, he'll go. Don't get angry," Laura said calmly, taking hold of her father's arm and taking him away.

Ace grew up with his grandfather who always watched his every step. After all Ace is the corporate heir to his company. Ace's mother and father are a topic Ace despise to talk about.

To him, they are both dead since they acted like he was dead.

Carl looked at Ace once Mr. Winston had left. "You have to go."

"You don't tell me what to do."

Carl sighed and sat beside Ace. "See, your mother would want you to settle down and have a family, you have to_"

"Carl, you know too well than to speak about her," Ace mumbled, rage unraveling through his entire body.

"Okay, Okay." Carl said raising his hands in his defense.

"I have a plan to help you out of this but first you must agree to go tomorrow," Carl smiled.

Carl chuckled at the boy he watched grow up. "Deal?"

Ace turned his gaze to Carl and smirked. "As long as I like the plan?"

Carl smirked. "Your grandfather would never know about it only you and Quinn Manchester."

Ace raised his eyebrow wondering what the plan might be but it's Carl's ideal what could possibly go wrong?

Ace looked at Carl before saying the one word he didn't know would change his entire fucked up life.

"Deal."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"Mum, you called!" Quinn yelled going into her parent's house. She shut the door and turned to a not so surprising view.

Her mum was in the dining with her two best friends with piping hot tea in front of each of them.

That's literally all her mum does; gossiping and going shopping with her two besties. Even women in their early forties called themselves besties.

Her mum looked up grinning. "My sweetie, come here," she called and tapped the seat next to hers.

Quinn sat beside her mum and greeted the other two ladies who smiled.

"Um, Quinn I heard that Camilla Clayton got the role as the main lead for romance on board," one of the women said moving her gaze from her friends to Quinn who gritted her teeth.

"Oh dear Quinn, I thought you wanted that role," the second friend said and Mrs. Manchester nodded sadly.

"It must because of May Clayton that her daughter got the role," the first woman said.

Do adults know when to talk? Why do they say things like this when they know it would be awkward.

"Camilla may have gotten that role but there are plenty other roles to get, and besides Quinn got the role of her sister," Mrs. Manchester said, sipping her tea.

"Aunt Chloe, aunt Jade I appreciate your concern but I'm really tired and I would like to rest," Quinn said, running her hands through her curly hair.

Jade and Chloe immediately looked at Mrs. Manchester, who glared at them. Quinn looked at the ladies confused.

"Mum, what's going on?"

Mrs. Manchester finally forced herself to look at her daughter. "My sweetie," she began.

"You see you're in your late twenties and you don't have a boyfriend," her mother deadpanned making Quinn choke on her breath. "Since the incident with Dylan eight years ago you haven't been in a relationship."