Chapter 35

Hey guys! Hope you are ready for this next bit. But please COMMENT so I know what you think <3

INNOCENT EYES, Chapter 35

Elijia POV

This world is sick. Tormented by its creators, for in return the power that keeps us hungry for more. We hide in the darkness to protect our kind from the beginning, yet savage the night like we own it, when really we belong to neither. We are death. We are evil. We are creatures of hell itself. We don't have a place in purity, for the death in our chests surpresses the justice that's been done.

A cold breeze flows upon my flesh as I stare out the window. The skies once a bright happiness, fades to the dark side. The tree's swirling in unnatural patterns as the russet leaves fall to dust in the snap of time.

Cold frosted air shakes the room as an unrulling current flows into the demention. I can feel as my brows scrunch up in confusion.

There is something very wrong. The climate in Arona's castle is controlled by power. No natural element can control itself, due to the spell she has casted around the borders.

The skies grew dark beneath the hollow deaths of time as deep out in the forest I could vaguely see lightening clashing together.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I could see the lightening flash the sky and the cloaked figures dragging forward in syncronized movements. In a flying V they alligned themselves, all 5 of them inching closer and closer to the border.

I've seen these men before.

My eyes search the room exspectant to find the answer.

Men in cloaks.

Marching.

Coming.

Haunting.

" They've come to watch." Arona whispers darkly from the doorway. My head snaps up as I piece the fragments together.

"They've come to watch the sacrifice." I choke out in horror.

Austin POV

My eyes burned in the fire that danced upon the shadows. They were hurt. Sore, beyond belief. But damaged more than my vision was my heart. Pierced and slaughtered by the vampire whose name means nothing to me.

The body of the devil arose in his skin, born to be the man he is today.

A Killer.

A Rapist.

A Twisted soul.

Most importantly, the one who should not be trusted.

All of my thoughts only fueled to my anger, plotting his death. The room around me had silenced once more as I approached the cell door.

My body gave way in pure anger and I felt a spark zap my fingertips. I flexed my fingers cautiously and slowly the drug began to wear off.

The numb feeling you get when a humans' limb falls asleep is what it felt like.

The somewhat odd feeling drifted back to my nerves and I began to crawl to my knees. My hands at my sides as I slowly stood up, avoiding fast movements, that might trigger my awakening .

The little light that showed through was darker than night, only giving me the edge of this castle as a true dungeon. I walked over to the rusted gate slightly tugging on the chains. It was no use.

The chimes rang throughout the bottomless hole I was in, as far as hell would take them I presume.

The only thing that ran through my mind was that I had to get out of here and see her. The light of my world.

Well it used to be tha-. NO. I would not finish! I wouldn't! Deep in my gut I churned for her to awaken. She can't leave me yet. She just can't!! I gripped the hair on my head tightly.

*You could have saved her. Why didn't you?* SHUT UP! Just shut up! The tighter I squeezed the more pain I felt. Her pain.

*It's not my fault you let your guard down* "No." I whimpered. I didn't. I didn't. I shook my head only seeing her image before me and in a split second, shattering .

Blood dripping from the glass, her blood. Her innocent fragmented face staring at me in a thousand pieces.

"Come find me." She whispers before all at once, the image before me particlizes and disappears.

I gulp down my sadness and walk to the gate. My hands resting on the bars of the cell door as I manifest the energy we share.Thinking of her beautiful face. Her dark hair. And most importantly, her Innocent Eyes.

The one and only of this world we live in. My eyes snap open but my vision is blurred. Seeing three of everything, the power inside me takes over. Small amounts of heat pressure my palms as without thinking, I shove them forward.

The rusted piece of history violently smashes against the stone, and within the slightest contact, it melts like a popsicle.

My body recovers from the position and slowly the blindfold comes off. My vision became better than it was a few moments ago so I cautiously walked out. My fingertips inching along the catacomb wall as peek my eyes around the corner.

The coast was clear so I proceeded in my crawl. My eyes scanning each cell looking for her. At first within the first few I couldn't place her, but with another few feet her flesh danced upon the shadows on the brink of disappearance.

I ran to the door and without force tore it apart. My body was shaking, seeing hers just lying there exposed. My breathing became more rapid, as she didn't move.

No! Please no! My shaky hands hastily ripped off my jacket as I covered her body. Her hair a wild mess as her frail body turning a slight shade of blue.

My eyes staring down at her nearly exposed body only wishing it was me who died. Who suffered her pain. I bit my lip but the sobs kept coming. Somewhere in the darkness the chimes giggled about, stirring the diseased.

I dropped to my knees and cradled her in my arms. "Anica....p-please" I was out of control, I could feel it, deep in my bones, my gut and mind. I was fading.

She was my everything. My only reason for existence. "ANICA!" I cried out once more.

Though there was not the slightest movement in my arms, her body, cold as ice began to disappear. Fading like the blood dipped glass before, she turned to dust.

"No.....N-nnoo!" I whispered frantically. I grabbed her shoulders rocking us back and forth but with every touch, she became more and more distant.

I cried at her presence as she was taken from me. The dark room around me began to fill with her light and with the last of her fragments, she was gone.

*****

So?! Do you like it so far? How do you u feel?

Sad?

Angered?

*Please COMMENT and VOTE!*