Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Hey guys, sorry it's taken me forever to write yet another chapter : ) hope you can forgive me haha. This chapter is hopefully going to blow your minds, or at the very least, get you sucked back into the vortex of my awesome story lol. Well here it is, enjoy <3

DECEMBER 12th ( a day to remember)

Cold as ice as the fire burned, heat devoured me while frostbite returned.  My eyes were glued shut not daring to see what was happening to me. My body felt numb as if a thousand knives pierced my innocent flesh while ancient symbols, none of which known to man; enflamed themselves all over my fragile body.  Silent hot tears boiled over as I held in my pain. Fire engulfed my body in flames, the never ending heat cremating my own being into hell itself.  My innocence was gone, and what hurt the most was the Rage and fire in my chest.  I was taken advantage of and here I lie in the pits of hell, with the only comfort of the crystal clear memory of my guardian. The one who left me. The one who gave his life for me.  The one who sheds my innocence with every minute my being is lost from his.  Tears of blood drain from my eyes, only wishing he was at my side.

Austins POV

The stone floor beneath my body chilled me, knowing my sister was no longer near. Heat was once a form of communication for us, but now?  The only heat I have is the fire in my chest, my heart engulfed in flames.  A loud screech from the unknown awakened my mind that I was no longer alone. Shadows crept along the interior, hiding themselves or whoever it was from me.  Only their blue ocean eyes were visible.

"Anica?" I choked out horrified.

She couldn't be alive. She just couldn't.

"Guess again." A dark voice bellowed.

The blonde woman lurked around the bars that I had broken, eyeing the stake like objects that now appeared. Her eyes narrowed as she gripped a piece of steel in her hand. Her face was pale, yet covered in what looked like blood. It dripped from her chin to her shoulder as her eyes silently swept across my face.

"Where is she?" Her whisper was so quite I barely heard her.  After a moment I replied.

"Gone."

"what do you mean...gone?" her voice had lowered as she looked at me skeptically.

I'm sure she is knowing of what we can do, but just thinking about it made my jaw clench. How could she honestly not know.

"Dead."

My voice was hard as I stared daggers at her. She would pay for this.  All vampires will be damned in this state of nation that I am in. They took her away from me after everything I've had to go through to get her back.

Her eyes went cold as she stared at me for a long moment.  Her face was unreadable but her death ridden heart was clear it had been stabbed and then twice removed.  She may have been broken, but I was not going to fix her.

Sudden chimes erupted my thoughts as instinctively we both looked up.  Her eyes swept across the ceiling before lunging towards me. I tried to side step her but she roughly grabbed my arm, starting to drag me up stairs.

"Time."

"W-what?? " I was startled by the fact that she had started to take me up the winding staircase.

The loud clicking of her footsteps against the stone chilled me as she pushed me ahead of her, her fingers gripping my shoulders.

"Times up, bitch."

She hissed in my ear as she threw me through the wooden door. Wood chips fluttered everywhere, clattering to the surrounding surfaces around me. A small ache erupted around my arms but I brushed it off as nothing, though slight stings of infection had started to form.  It felt like getting a splinter, only 100 times worse, and instead of needle sized splints it was actual shards.   The blood trickled down my arms as I got up off the ground.