Chapter 33 *new*

Chapter 33 is finally here of innocent eyes. And to let you know, because I know many of you have enjoyed my newest books, I am still editing the next chapter for blood angels. But I hope you all love this chapter, ps. It gets pretty intence <3

*ENJOY*

A sharp intake of breath fills my hollow lungs as I can really start to remember. All these years of a forgotten life I once had filling my mind with hope and joy. Warm tears fill my eyes as I begin to cry.

I'm not alone in this world. My life I once had is just a cover up for who I really am. Who ever had taken me must have known or wanted me to forget. To forget a loving brother who has saved me time after time.

Who has helped me through my darkest ages, and who has tried his best to keep me from the meltdown a dark force can perceive upon my mind.

Sudden rage flowing through my veins as I only wish I knew who had taken me away from the only life I ever really had. I can feel Austin wrapping his strong arms around me and pulling me up to his chest.

''Heartfelt sobs escape my lips as I cry to myself, letting all of my anger out. "It's okay, Anica. Shh. I'll never leave you this time." He hushes while stroking my hair. His soft words flowing past my ears, swirling high overhead.

A sudden thought came to mind while hugging him. If those people weren't my parents, then why did I have so many dreams about them and their warning? They came to me and told me about their powers

. They told me that I had a soul mate, and to protect my brother. But...why? How do they know what I am? I have no relation. I pull back from his embrace, staring straight into his dark blue eyes.

Slightly turning a bright pink the longer I stare. " Why? Why are we so special?"

A small smile forms on his lips while he looks at me. " We were created special. You in the heavens and I in hell. We are two opposites that attract for some odd reason.

You have the powers of life, as I have the balancing force of a flame. My job is to devour your power. I have practiced many years to control it so I don't hurt you.

Its harmless I assure you, so you can't feel it. But my power with yours has an unimaginable force Anica. You have no idea what we can do." Intaking his words, I feel my mind being invaded.

Daggers sharpened to the tip stab my brain trying to get in. My eyes squeeze shut tight as I double over grabbing my temples. Slowly the box inside my mind rattled.

The silver key tearing through my walls ripping my memories out of my mind. The key rattled in the hold forcing its secret to unlock and reveal itself. Soft murmurs fill the silent air but none that I could concentrate and tell whose they were.

The key clicks left as a force flows through me knocking the wind out of me. Oh no. My eyes snap open as I can see before me in a misted era the secrets flowing like a river out of my mind . It has been opened. They know.

************************************************

Austin/St. Augustine*

Our strong hold slowly faded as she fell to the floor out cold. Her mind racing with power as an outsider invades her mind. I quickly grab onto her arms encoating her in my power.

Filling her mind with my secrets and memories. The symbols that had engulfed me earlier, bubbling over my skin and sinking into hers. Ancient symbols burning her at the stake, as it cools to a scar.

Moments pass as nothing happens. Frantic I lean my head on her chest, as her slow steady heart beat picks up with more intensity as her eyes flutter open. Her eyes a shade of white, mimicking a tongue I can only recognize as..Hebrew?

"יש לי התעורר. תן לי את הכוח האלים, כיוצר שלי, אני מצווה עליך!" Her voice loud with courage as a loud bang constricts the room around us. My eyes immediately avert up and see the ceiling crumbling to dust as the sunlight only seems to devour anything in its path.

The puff of smoke sprinkles upon her skin as the sun shines down to her presence. Her hands at either side of her body, palms up. Almost like she's absorbing it.

It only took a minute then for it all to click. Her words. The tongue she spoke of was from the symbols I gave her. In English, it means 'I have awakened. Give me the strength of the gods, as my creator, I command you!'

I watch then as the dust particles settle themselves upon her skin. Glowing like an orb as the light she absorbs is bouncing off the walls around her, only creating piles of ash.

Blue flames engulf her body as they spread throughout her hands. The devouring fire bringing forth death all around us. The floor shakes beneath our feet but her body as still as a statue, plants herself in the marble.

Footsteps can be heard as the sound of a thousand horses flows throughout the castle. "UPSTAIRS!" A feminine voice snarls. My eyes avert back to Anica as slowly the beam of light fades.

Her body radiating a glow of interest after her absorbment. Her eyes form back to the natural blue they always were as her hair, from a stagnant white, slowly dyes back to the chocolate brown I have always loved.

Her eyes meet mine for a split second as a remarkable smile forms on her lips. Power. The dark reissuing flame dissolved at her finger tips as she walks over to me. Her arms wrap themselves around me and to my surprise, the touch of her hands burns me.

I can feel the heat through my tee shirt as a steaming burn of a hand print is imprinted into my back as a brand of love and power, entwined. "I will destroy them." She whispers while turning away from me.

Now that's the Anica I grew up with. Courageous, brave, ongoing. She's back. She's finally back. Loud voices sprang upon the silence of the room as I could feel the presence of oncoming enemies catching up.

With a loud blow, blocks of fallen cement and rubble blew into a smoke funnel as new vampires approached us. "You." A woman with blonde hair snarled with narrowed eyes.

I looked over at Anica confused, and then back to the woman. "You." She whispers defiantly. "Guards! Enchain her!" she yells. Three large men in black suits walked up to her, and grabbed her wrists. But the instant they grabbed her they started to steam.

The fire in her touch burned them. White smoke melted their skin as their horrid screams of pain silenced the room. They burned at the touch as she only smiled wider at the blonde woman's face.

Their ash laid at the feet of her and she paid no mind to even glance at her doing. I noticed 2 more vampires appear behind the blonde. One with brown hair and blonde highlights with green eyes.

The other with brown, almost black hair and grey sad eyes. The sadden one practically looked harmless as he watched stunned by her presence. "Annie." He mouthed in a whisper. Annie?

I looked back at my dearest sister and then followed her gaze. Back at the young man, her eyes sparkled with desire. The blonde woman's head twisting like a snake as she too followed their connection.

A low snarl escaping her lips as her eyes narrow to the man. " Moved on huh? TO WHAT? !? A HUMAN!" She yells. She furiously looks back at her, but her gaze adjusts to me.

Surprised I automatically raise my brows at her. Her head tilts to the side as she looks between Anica and I.

Slowly, ever so slowly, a smirk comes across her face. "Together at last." -She whispers mockingly.

** SOO?? You like?** PLEASE

COMMENT! VOTE! And possibly FAN if you like me!

Thank you guys and all of you on wattpad who have been so kind and have been keeping up with my work. I'm very sorry that I have made you suffer with the wait : ( but I hope you all loved this chapter and in the next couple of chapters I am hoping to wrap up the first book! <3 Love you all and have a great day!

¤ Danielle = )