Chapter 34

Hey guys, sorry it took me forever to upload again. I've been so busy with school as most of you I presume = ] but im up and runnin and so this chapter is going to be bigger so it covers all the time I've lost <3

Chapter 34

**This is a serious and crucial scene to the book, just a heads up, not all content may be suitable for children.**

Remember to VOTE and COMMENT!

Annie POV

My mind was blank, and the dead silence was carving a hole in my back. I stared. And he stared back, only seeing the eyes of a killer.

My palms burned as if they were on fire, taking its time to slowly crawl up my arm. Pain started to erupt deep inside my muscles, aching in pain, but I resisted the temptation to just break down from where I stood.

Alas all eyes settled upon my body as if in confusion. Leaking along my body until resting themselves on my face.

"Together at last" she whispers mockingly. Automatically I turn my head to the side seeing my older brother.

His dark eyes focusing on me for a split second before returning his gaze across the room.

Cold air trickled slowly down my spine as the dewed sweat tore apart from my frosted skin, leaking into the back of my shirt.

What have I done? My eyes dart to my feet seeing a pile of ash. A small smudge smears the toe of my shoe, with a dreary red. The ash is as dark as night, and yet the stain is a blood red.

It seems even dead creatures can leave mysteries behind. "Guards! Take her out!" she snarled. Suddenly in the corner of the room a silhouetted figure catches my eye, lurking around.

I look up and can roughly see the sketchy outline of ..something. My eyes wander the room, seeing more mysterious beings approach me. The world was spinning from so much spinning I was doing to watch my back.

" Anica, what's wrong?"

 My brothers' voice echoes in my ear. I immediately crouch down and clamp my hands on my ears.

My breathing hard, and jagged. "Can you p-please ss-top shouting? " I choke out, biting my lip in frustration. His voice was so loud, it was if he was using a microphone in my ear.

It echoed off the walls of my brain as if I were as hollow as an old tree stump. "I'm not shouting." He responds. Even though I can still here the chimes, ringing in my ears I shakily stand up.

My fingertips twitching with paranoia as my eyes wearily search the room. "Now!" she yells.

My eyes look at her but just as I do, she is grabbing the collar of Elijia's jacket, yanking him back. His eyes on mine as he snarls viciously...almost demon like.

"NOO!" manages to escape his lips but with a silent sound of fire I feel myself hit the stone . My head cracks against the floor and it rolls to the side, without strength.

My brothers once dark eyes, roll to the back of his head as he too loses equilibrium.

His body laying next to mine as he looks at me. I try to move my arm, to reach out to him, but it feels as if I am paralyzed.

Oh god. This can't be happening.

For a short moment as his eyes seek mine, I can see that his eyes turn a dark red before leaving me alone.

Austin! I try to speak but my lips won't move, all that comes out is a soft hum. No! NO! NOOO!!! I scream but nothing even comes out.

"Your job here is done, shadow walkers. Return to the darkness." She whispers while looking at me.