79

I woke up the next morning, disoriented and confused. It took me a minute to remember where I was.

 The room was dark, the black curtains blocking out the sunlight that was trying to pour into the room. The air was stifling, but Colby's cool arms around me helped along with the small fan that pointed at us on his bedside table. I didn't want to wake him, so I turned slowly so that I was lying on my back.

As I looked at his face, my dream came back to me. There wasn't a trace of the demon that I remembered.

His face was slack, mouth slightly open. His long eyelashes cast faint shadows on his cheekbones, the shadows under his eyes a stark contrast to his skin. He looked like he hadn't slept well in ages, but he was still so beautiful.

His hair was messy but somehow still perfect even in his sleep. Why did I even dream of something so horrible? I know that there had been instances where Colby had frightened me a little, but nothing to that extreme. Not even when I thought that he wasn't going to stop all those weeks ago.

My fingers ached to reach up and push his hair from his forehead, to trace along his jawline...I had it so bad, and I knew it. I had been trying to deny it but there wasn't any point. Usually, I didn't believe in falling so fast, and I thought the ones who did were stupid.

You couldn't possibly love someone that you didn't even know, right? I was wrong. I wasn't sure if it was love or not yet, but I knew I was falling hard and fast. There was no stopping it.

 2 days and 2 nights was all it took for me to know that I wanted to be with him desperately.

 I leaned closer to him, and pressed my lips against his softly. When I pulled away, I noticed that his face had scrunched up a little, like he was in pain before it smoothed back out. Wonder what he was dreaming about.

I lay there for awhile, not even sure how long before I couldn't stand it anymore. Looking at Colby was amazing but I had his face etched into my memory. I was bored and I had to pee.

I picked his arm up from my waist and placed it gently by his side. He shifted a little, but stayed asleep.

 I sat up and crawled to the foot of the bed, then stepped onto the floor. It had to be later. I checked my phone and saw that it was already 12 noon. What the hell? I never slept that late.

 I shook my head, then grabbed my pants from the floor, dragging them on. Someone had to be up by now, right? Didn't need anyone seeing me walking around in my underwear, regardless of the fact that the bathroom was literally right next door.

The house was silent when I opened the door and looked around. No sound from anywhere. I did my business in the bathroom, then walked downstairs, my bare feet not making much noise.

 Voices came from the living room, so I made my way over there. Devyn and Katrina were sitting on the couch, watching some television show. When I walked closer, I saw that it was Family Guy.

"Someone slept late!" Kat exclaimed, smiling at me.

"Good morning...or afternoon, I guess." Devyn replied.

 I rubbed my eyes and grinned at them.

 "Yeah, I don't know why I slept so late."

Kat shrugged. "You stayed up pretty late so it's expected." She patted the spot next to her on the couch and I sat. "Soooo, what's up with you and Colby? I feel like we haven't really spoken about it. Not to the extent that we should anyways."

I shrugged, and blushed. "I don't really know. What's up with you and Sam? Is everything okay now?"

 She smiled a little and looked at Devyn. "Yeah...everything is fine now. The good outweighs the bad. I love him too much. I could never leave him over something that he has no control over."

 I was confused. "What are you talking about? The gang thing? Why wouldn't he have control over that? Isn't there some way to get out of it, if he wants to?"

She shook her head sadly. "No." She looked down and started picking at her cuticles.

 Kat only did that when she was really upset or worried about something.

 "He's in this for life. There's no going back." She looked back up at me. "You should think about that before you get in too deep with Colby. He's in it for life too. There's no going back for him. They're all in this for life. Right Dev?"

Devyn nodded, staring at me intently. "I think Chloe has it in her though. If Colby is what she wants. Is he what you want?"

 I looked at her for a moment. I know that I hadn't known her that long but I really liked her and was beginning to think that she could become one of my best friends. I looked down and started picking at a frayed part of my clothes, before I looked back up at them.

"There's no going back for me either. I know it's fast, but I think I might be falling in love with him. As much as the gang thing bothered me at first, it doesn't faze me now. I just want to be with him, even when he's being an ass..." I shook my head. "I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how it is. Can I be in love with him already? When did you guys know that you loved them?"

They looked at each other, back to me.

 "It wasn't as fast with Corey and I...but that's because he was...different than he is now when we first met. Now, everything is so intense, it always feels like the first time for everything. The first kiss, the first time we made love, just...everything. It's so strong, overwhelming everything in my life. It's the most important thing. I need to be with him." Devyn gave me a look that told me that she knew exactly what I was feeling.