169

I was getting discouraged, when I finally broke down and called my first choice, Prospect Park.

"Hi, this is Chloe Daniels. I know that it's late but I was calling to check on the application that I put in."

"Yes, Ms. Daniels. I was going to call you in the morning, so this works out perfectly."

I dropped my phone, Prissy meowing at me in anger when it hit her on the butt. I snatched it back up and put it to my ear.

"Around 9 am?" was all I heard.

"I need to be there at 9 am?" I repeated, to be sure.

The man's voice on the other end laughed.

"Yes, just check in at the front desk, tell Lillian that you have an appointment to see Mr. Roberts. Okay?"

I nodded, forgetting that he couldn't see me for a moment before I remembered that my mouth actually worked. "Yeah, Yes! Yes sir, thank you sir!" I gushed into the phone.

He laughed again.

"I'll see you in the morning Ms. Daniels."

I hung up the phone and stood up quickly, Prissy jumping onto the couch looking pissed.

I laughed and picked her up, putting her over my shoulder while I danced around the room.

"I've got an interview in the morning at Prospect Park! Prissy, Mommy might be getting the job of her dreams! Well, besides being an actual published author but this is the first step towards that, right?"

She meowed and hopped down onto the bed.

"Did I hear you right?" I heard Colby's voice and snapped my head up, meeting his gaze.

"Coooollllbbyyyy!" I yelled, before tackling him, and jumping into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

He laughed and caught me, one arm around my back, the other holding me under one of my thighs.

"You have an interview at Prospect Park in the morning?" He asked, leaning back so that he could see my face.

I nodded, grinning from ear to ear.

"I do! I'm so excited! I don't know why they want me but I couldn't be happier. Now I just have to prove that I deserve to be there."

I started chewing on my bottom lip, worrying now that I wouldn't get the job. All I had was a measly interview lined up. I'm sure there were plenty of other recipients far better than I was.

He sat on the couch, me still latched onto him so that I was sitting in his lap.

"You'll be fine and they'll love you. Don't worry about it, unless you have to." His soft voice soothed my nerves a bit, but, of course, I was still freaking out a little.

"Are you sure? Can you just compel them to make them let me have the job?" I joke out in my nervousness.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes, if that's what you want, I definitely can."

I played with his hair at the nape of his neck, and pulled it gently.

"I'm kidding. I think."

I kind of wanted him to, but I didn't want him to. I wanted to get the job. It was my dream, but I wanted to get the job on my own.

I wanted to deserve it, not have it handed to me. I was still staring into Colby's eyes, thinking hard.

I shook my head slowly, and let out a breath.

"No. Don't do it. I want to earn it on my own. Thank you for the offer though."

He chuckled at me. "I knew you didn't want me to. That's part of what I love about you." He replied, lowering his head to kiss my neck.

I let my head fall back, enjoying the sensation of his soft lips and wet tongue against my skin. I felt his teeth scrape my neck, and I couldn't stop the little moan that left my lips.

Vampire venom could become an addiction fast, what can I say?

"Do you need to feed before you go do whatever it is you're doing?" I asked, my breath coming out in short gasps.

His hands tightened on my lower back, and I felt his lips curve against my skin.

"Yes, it would be better. I always make everyone refuel before a job. I just fed though, if you remember." I yelped when his teeth pressed down against my skin, pinching slightly. "I'll be fine without."

"But you'll be stronger with it, right?"

I didn't want him going into a job with half strength.

He shrugged and pulled back.

"We're always stronger the same day we feed, but i'm not hurting for it. I still have plenty of strength left."

I rolled my eyes at him and let out an annoyed breath. "Colby, for Christ's sake, will you just fucking bite me already? Take what you need and let me enjoy it without all of your reasons NOT to do it. Damn."

He bit his lip, my eyes flitting down to his mouth, and seeing the tips of his fangs pop out. "Your wish is my command." He growled out, before his mouth was quickly on my neck again.

I gasped as I felt his fangs pierce my skin, a sharp quick pain, that quickly subsided to pleasure, as his hand found my hair, fisting in it and pulling my head to the side. I moaned, letting my head fall back, as Colby took his fill, his hand an iron grip on my hip. The euphoria hit me and I felt amazing. Giddy even.

Happy that I had an interview at my dream job, happy that this amazing unrealistically handsome creature that was sucking on my neck actually loved me, happy that my life was unreal but so amazing. Colby retracted his fangs, and licked the blood off of my neck and shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked, pulling back and staring into my eyes.

"Your eyes are so beautiful." I replied softly, letting my heavy hand go up to his cheek.

He smiled at me, that beautiful grin that took up his entire face, his dimples popping again.

"Booop" I said dreamily, with a giggle as I pushed my index finger into the indent.

He rolled his eyes, and stood up, making me shriek and laugh, since I was still in his lap.

He let me down slowly, but kept his arms around my waist, hugging me to him.

"I love you Chloe. Forever. You know that right? That it actually is forever?"