63 (Sam's POV)

"I'll go with you." I told Colby.

Of course I would. He was my brother.

He gave me a grateful look.

"Yeah, me too," replied Mike.

 "We'll all go," Elton said.

 Colby shook his head.

 "No, she'll think she's being ambushed if we all come at her. Just Sam and I will be fine. You guys can stay here with the girls...in case she gets any funny ideas and decides to come here."

"I'll get Kat to talk Chloe into staying here tonight. That work?" I asked him.

 He looked a little unsure, his eyebrows going down.

"Um...yeah, I guess." He nodded. "Yeah, that'll make things easier actually. I won't have to worry about her going home and Millie finding her."

This guy had it bad. I could see it in his eyes. He cared about her, maybe even loved her. Colby hadn't acted this way since Emilie, but not even even this bad with her.

I thought that she was his One, because he was so destroyed after she died. He didn't feed for so long, I thought that he was trying to kill himself.

I thought back to the night that I confronted him about it and poured blood down his throat. I had burst into his room, finding him lying on his bed, his cheekbones jutting out of his pale face from lack of feeding and sleeping.

 "Colby, you've got to stop this! You're killing yourself!"

He barely glanced at me before he rolled over, his back to me. "Doesn't matter. I don't deserve to live after what I did."

I understood that he was hurting but enough was enough. I wouldn't lose my best friend.

 I grabbed his arm and yanked him out of the bed. Usually Colby would have put up a much bigger fight, and probably won, but he was weak. He fell onto the floor, glaring up at me.

"What the fuck brother?" I crouched down over him. "Stop this pity party shit Colby. Yeah, you fucked up. Big time. You killed her." I remember the pain that I saw in his eyes when I said that, but I knew that I couldn't stop. "She's not coming back but you're still here. She loved you. Do you really think that she would want this for you? It was an accident. Get your shit together Brother."

He shook his head and looked down. I grabbed his chin in my hand, forcing it back up. He opened his mouth to speak, so I took the advantage and dumped the open blood bag into his mouth. He gagged and choked on it, but I saw the ravenous look come into his eyes from the feed.

He wanted more. Good.

"I need you to pull it together Colby. We need you to come back to us. I need you. It's always been you and me, from the start. Don't give up and leave me here to face this without you. I brought you a few more bags."

 I stood up and pulled them out from the back of my pants. Tossing them onto the bed, I looked at him.

"Come downstairs when you're done?"

He nodded, so I turned to walk out. "Hey Sam."

I stopped at the door and turned back to face him. "Yeah?"

He held up one of the bags. "Thanks...for this...and for...you know."

I nodded at him. "No problem brother. We're family. See you downstairs in a few."

"Why are you staring at me?" Colby's voice snapped me back to the present day.

"Sorry, just thinking."

 I watched his face as he continued talking about how to protect Chloe and get Millie to back off on Elton. We only get one One. That's why they're called the One.

There's no way Emilie could have been Colby's One if he cared about Chloe this much. He never believed in the Legend. Said that love was love and it was just a fairy tale. I told him that vampires weren't supposed to be real either. He didn't have a comeback for that.

Plus, after meeting Katrina, I was almost positive that the One was real. If I didn't already see it with Corey and Devyn, and Jake and Tara, I still would have believed in it with Kat. Neither couple ever said that they were each other's One. They just knew that they were supposed to be together.

 I don't know, maybe they didn't care about the legend as much as I did. It was just comforting to me, to think that there was one person out there that would love you so immensely that they could never let you go.

I was pretty sure that Kat was mine but I hadn't checked yet. I didn't want to compel her and that was the only way to be absolutely sure.

 I heard a knock, and automatically smelled Katrina's scent when Elton opened the garage door.

"Sam!" She rushed towards me, as I stood up.

"Hey what's wrong?"

She seemed a little frantic. "Um." She glanced around at everyone. "I need to talk to you in private."

I nodded. "Be right back." I told Colby, then led her upstairs to my room.

When I turned back towards her after closing the door, her arms wrapped around my waist as she buried her face in my chest.

"I love you Sam."

My heart swelled in my chest until I thought it was going to burst. "I love you too. So much."

 I was too scared to tell her that I thought she was my One. I had explained some of it to her, about the compelling and it not holding if she were the One. That had come up when she asked me if I had compelled her.

She leaned her head back, staring up at me. I smiled and tucked her blue hair behind her ear.

 "What's wrong?"

She took a deep breath. "Has Colby ever compelled Chloe?"

My hand froze in her hair. "Why do you ask?"

 Colby had told told me about the balcony but no one else. She narrowed her eyes at me, suspecting something.

"Because she's having vivid dreams of him kissing her on her balcony and then telling her that she won't remember. Sam, if she's remembering, doesn't that mean that she's his One or something? That they have to be together?"

 Oh fuck.