165

Colby laughed, and I could hear Sam doing the same. I rolled my eyes and smiled as he sat back down next to me. Prissy jumped up into his lap, like she had always loved him and always would.

He had her wrapped around his little finger now. He ran his fingers through her fur, and she started a steady, rumbling purr.

He leaned over and grabbed the back of my head, pulling my face to his. Our lips connected, and I let out a contented murmur against his lips.

He pulled back slightly, and grinned.

"You've made me one happy man Chloe Daniels. I'm so glad that you said you would move in with me."

I leaned away and let my head fall back onto the couch. "I did not say that I was moving in Colby! I said that I would stay here until people aren't trying to kill me!" I glanced at him and saw him laughing silently, his body shaking with the action. "Fuck you Brock." I replied, grinning, knowing he was trying to annoy me.

"After you see how amazing it is living here with me, you'll change your mind."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "How can you be so sure?"

He shrugged and nodded towards his lap where Prissy was sleeping. "If I can win you over, and her over...well, I think I'm capable of anything. I'll have you changing your mind before you know it."

I just shook my head at him.

In all honesty, he was probably right but I wasn't willing to give in just yet...so I changed the subject.

"So what happened at the meeting? This Aza guy...he won't let you deal with Millie?"

Colby shook his head, staring down at Prissy. "Not yet. I'll handle it though."

I looked down at the cat lying contentedly in his lap.

"Hey," I looked back up and met his gaze.

His hand came up to cup my cheek.

"You know I'm not going to let anything happen to you, right? I'll die before that happens."

His crystal blue gaze burned into my own, and I blinked away the tears. I swear I never used to cry this much...or at all.

What has he done to me? I nodded, and gave him a small grin in return.

"I'm not trying to have you die on me Colby. You're supposed to live forever, remember?" I laughed a little and took his hand from my cheek, lacing my fingers through his. "So let's not let it get to that point, okay? What's the plan?"

He stared at me for a moment, probably deliberating on what to tell me. I just gave him a look that told him that I knew what he was doing and that he better tell me everything. He looked to the ceiling and then back to me.

"Okay. Aza said that he liked having Millie around and he didn't want her to be killed. Wanted to know if we could work something else out. I told him no, she was to die, and I had to be the one to kill her." His voice grew hard and deadly, making me shiver as chills ran over my spine. "He didn't agree. I told him that he knew it would bring a war and that we would win. He said to let him think over his options. I warned him that anyone who came around me or mine would die automatically. He said he would be in touch and left. That's it."

"Okay, so maybe he'll agree after he thinks about it. Millie can't mean that much to him, right? She's an evil, psychotic bitch."

He smirked. "That's just his type. Aza isn't like us. He's just as evil as Millie, and as unpredictable. He's just better at hiding it. He's very crafty and he knows how to take out his enemies, or at least leave his mark. I know we would win the war eventually, but I also know that we would have causalities." He shook his head. "I'm not really looking forward to that. My clan is my family."

He chewed his bottom lip, watching me, gauging my reaction to what he had told me. So we would win...but people would die. Possibly even the ones that I had grown to love.

"No." I replied. "That's not gonna work. We can't risk any of our people. He had to agree to the terms...what else does he want?"

Colby rolled his eyes. "Nothing. He asked if we could just turn you over to Millie. That's not gonna happen. I'm hoping he comes up with something that I can actually do for him. Cuz I'm going to kill her one way or another. She should have never been created."

"Hm" I replied, thinking about what he had said.

"Chloe, this isn't your fault. Millie would have just found something else to be crazy about. This is on me. If I hadn't led her on when she was human, maybe she wouldn't be so bad now. This is just my actions having consequences."

"I don't think it's my fault. I don't think it's your fault either. It's just something that happened." I stood up, letting go of his hand. "I think I'm going to try and write for a little while. Clear my head. Okay?"

I was really hoping that he couldn't read my face right now.

"Why are you nervous right now?" He asked.

Damn it. My heartbeat. I smiled.

"I'm always nervous around you Colby." I knew by the look in his eyes that he wasn't going to buy that. "But it's also because this is technically my first night of actually kind of living here and I'm just nervous about it and what everyone else will think."

He picked Prissy up and laid her on the couch. She didn't even wake up.

"Did you compel her or something because this is not my cat?" I told him, pointing at her limp form.

He chuckled.

"No, we can't compel animals. But back to what you were saying. Everyone here loves you. They don't care that you're staying here. Tara and Devyn love it especially. Don't be nervous about that."

I smiled at him. "I know baby, I can't help but be nervous though. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just don't want to do anything to upset anyone."

Addictedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें