45

The bus was chaotic to say the least but no one paid and heed to the din as we jumped with excitement. We had won nationals!! I felt so happy to be with my friends again and win something as big as this.

After about an hour of singing, laughing and awkward bus dancing , we calmed down.

It was close to mid day when we arrived back at McKinley. The tall grey building standing almost taller with pride. We awkwardly clamber off the hot bus. As we walk in as a group celebrating our victory I notice the group of students in the hallways. Fear filled my brain and my smile dropped. We trudged towards our schoolmates with anxiety eating away at everyone. Suddenly, the sports team stood forward blocking our access.  It was then I recognised the red plastic cups that every glee member despised.
I remember when Jesse first saw me covered in slushie and how he rushed to help me . He was still pretending to like Rachel at that point but undoubtedly there was something there. It was small but it didn't go unnoticed be either of us as we shared a small smile. He had wrapped his arms around me to brush off the cold drink.
In this moment with my faltered celebrations I wished Jesse was here to wrap his arms around me again so I could feel that spark.

It was as if time had slowed as I watched a red cup tip towards me . My eyes scrunched tight waiting for the icy blast to hit my face. So obviously I was surprised when something soft grazed my cheek instead. Opening my eye slightly I see swirls of coloured confetti falling downwards.

They were proud of us - celebrating the glee club. A smile raised  my mouth to my eyes and a calmness rushed through my body.

Okay thanks guys for reading this . Sorry it's been so long since an update and even this isn't the best. 

Please add my tiktok  @lewisjessica297