6

The weekend passed and it was my first day at Carmel high.  I got ready for the day and Jesse took me to school. Nerves built up all morning but I didn't let them show.

We parked in the student car park and I didn't want to get out . We sat in silence for a moment before Jesse grabbed my hand with both of his. 
" It's going to be okay.  Just stay with me." He kisses my hand and once we're out of the car he doesn't let my hand go again .

We went to reception and got my supplies and locker pin. Luckily I had every lesson with Jesse ( not because my parents paid the school or anything ).  Last lesson was glee club. I grabbed Jesse's hand and we walked into the auditorium. On stage were a lot of teenagers singing and dancing. They are insane. So much better than New Directions . No wonder they won last year.

Jesse nudged me and pointed at the lady sat in the audience. When she noticed me and Jesse stood on the steps she walked over.

" So this is (y/n) , I presume. Yes Jesse said you were pretty.  He also said you can sing and dance. But I need to see for myself not just be told. "
She ushered the singers off stage and into the audience. Jesse left my side and sat with them.
Miss Corcoran wanted me to go on stage and sing a solo :Audition for the club .

I stood center stage and took a few deep breaths. She said she wanted me to sing a Broadway show tune , I panicked I hadn't prepared a musical song only pop. Jesse shouted to me

" PULLED "
I knew what he meant and so did the piano guy. I started singing and closed my eyes so I couldn't see their reactions.

(Watch link )

When I open my eyes I see most of the people standing up clapping , some with open mouths . Jesse is smiling like an idiot and clapping the loudest.

Miss Corcoran hush the group and walks on stage . I feel my heart beating incredibly fast . She stops infront of me.

"How on earth did you manage that at 16 ?" I smile . She puts out her hand and I shake it. " Welcome to vocal adrenaline. "

This was it . There was no going back to New Directions.