13

We go shopping for another few hours and buy clothes and then we spot an arcade. We decided to go in and play some games. Jesse goes straight for the claw machine . After 3 goes he wins a panda teddy bear. He gives it to me and tells me to keep it . I kiss him and he kisses back.

Before we know it we have to go back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of our team.  We meet up and my friends are the last ones back.

Miss Corcoran gathers us into the bus and it drives us to the venue of the revealing of the winners of sectionals.

All 3 groups stand on stage. Everyone is deadly quiet.  Waiting for the reveal. 

" The runners up are....Oral intensity!"

The audience erupt with clapping. The leader collects their trophy and the team leaves.  Then the room goes silent in anticipation.

" The first place award goes to "

Silence ...

" VOCAL ADRENALINE !!!"

I can't believe it . We won. I jump up screaming. The Audience is going wild and my team are hugging and screaming. This is unreal.

In the midst of all the excitement the noise around me dims and fades into background noise. I slowly turn my head towards new directions .A pair of eyes are watching me , staring back . Sam. We make eye contact my face lifts into a smile.  Not a smirk , a genuine smile. The simple gesture means so much. It expresses how I feel ; happiness for my team , yet sorrow for my former teammates and friends.

The noise picks up again and we break eye contact. I am spun around in someone's arms. And Jesse kisses me . I kiss back after the moment of shock. But I can't shake the memory of mine and Sam's moment.

My teammates crowd around eachother and we hug tightly. I notice many of the girls crying out of pure happiness.

When I am released I turn back to New Directions but see them walking off stage. I want to run after them and apologise for being rude but I am pulled in the opposite direction by my team .

We get back on the bus and it starts driving us back to OHIO. I can't help but feel bad for being such an arse to people who stood by me for ages .

" What's up (y/n)? We just won sectionals !"

" I know . I guess I'm just tired "