26

The day has come and over the past 3 days me and Joe have gotten closer. I put on a light blue dress that flowed around my knees. She smiles at me when I get in her car.
"Trying to impress anyone ?"
" What no! Why?"
She laughs and shakes her head. The song ' love is easy ' by mcfly suddenly plays through the radio and we sing along.
Mercedes and I drive to the venue together. When we get to the place that was breadsticks , we walk in with linked arms and wide smiles.

The large restaurant was covered in glittery red and pink bunting and heart balloons. The tables were sprinkled with love heart sequins and packs of heart shape sweets were placed on every table. Over in one side , the stage has 6 microphones and a rather large sound system. A lot of my friends were already here and laughing . I look for one guy in amongst the crowd. I notice Joe and walk over to him smiling. He notices me and takes in my outfit.
" you look amazing!" He smiled
" You don't look too bad yourself" I laugh , knowing that actually he looks handsome in a casual but smart  look.

Everyone else arrives shortly after and soon 'love is in the air'. The restaurant is soon bustling with loud conversations and people .Sugar goes on stage and calls for everyone's attention. She tells everyone to look under their chairs and everyone pulls out a cheese heart with multiple vouchers attached.  Then she calls the God Squad on stage. We stand by a mic and Joe starts speaking.
" So Santana asked me if we could sing a love song for  Brittany S Pierce . And after praying and thinking hard I know there's only one answer." He walks over until he is standing infront of the couple. " Absolutely! Love is love man."

Everyone starts cheering and clapping. So we start singing. Quinn takes the lead solo and we join in. I see Rory and Sugar dancing and I smile happy for him. Then I look over to Joe and notice he is looking at me but he quickly looks away.

Glancing over the room , I see  my friends dancing and smiling with their partners. All except one. Artie : he is watching Rory and Sugar dance while sadly nibbling on a cheese heart. We finish singing and I make my way over to Artie. I sit down next to him and smile at my friend. Over the music of the next group singing , I ask Artie if he's okay.  He just nods so I stand up.

" Come on, you can't be all sad today it's the day of love. " I say wheeling him over to an empty space. I start dancing and Artie laughs at my terrible dance moves. Soon enough we are laughing and dancing stupidly together.

A slow dance is put on and couples start dancing at a more romantic pace. Artie looks at me ." You don't have to dance with me but thanks (Y/n)."  He says. I smile and pull his wheel chair and I start dancing with Artie. He spins me around and we laugh like idiots. Suddenly someone is stood behind Artie . I look up to the face of Joe. He turns to my friend . " May I?" he asks.

I smile and Artie moves away and Joe puts his hands on my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and we rock back and forth.
" You know that was really nice of you to dance with Artie." He smiles.
" Well he's been my friend for ages and he looked sad." I say

As we rock back and forth , we look into each others eyes and I feel butterflies spin in my stomach. The song is coming to an end and Joe leans in. I lean in and our lips mold together. The feeling in my stomach explodes and fireworks.

  As we break apart I see my friends smiling at us and I blush. I lay my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around me and we stay hugging for ages. I hadn't felt like this in ages and it felt amazing.

Suddenly all attention is drawn towards the door where sugar is shouting something about someone coming back from the dead. I notice a figure turn around. He steps out of the shade and it's Blaine. I shout and clap , happy that my friend is okay.

He makes his way through the crowd and passes Kurt. Blaine runs on stage and starts singing. A few girls start backing him up and soon everyone was dancing and singing. Blaine pulls Kurt onstage and they sing together . The rest of the night is a blur if hugs, singing , red ,glitter and love.

This was one of the best nights of my life.