44

After a 4 hour bus journey , new directions were at nationals!!!

Mr schu called is all for meet up and we signed in.
"Okay guys. I believe in every single one of you . I know that you can pull this off and the routine will be amazing.  Come on guys we can win this!" He preached.

We stood In a circle and hugged eachother although I could tell some were still hesitant to touch me.

Not 5 minutes later a tall dark woman placed listings on the main board and I see that we aren't on for another 3 hours. I tell the group this and Mr Schueler allows us to wander around for at most 2 hours.

Everyone went off in their own groups and I decided to go watch other teams preparing. I walk out of the main building and into the large garden outside. Teams stood and sat in various corners of the concrete floor. I looked around at them and realised they were like my team except most of them were intimidating.

I wander past some old pillars wrapped in rose vines. I sit on a bench and notice a few of my team mates enter the large garden. Amongst them is Joe. I stare at him and wonder how I can fix everything .

Before I realise it , half hour has passed and I decide to go get some food. I find the small onsite caf and order some fruit and a honey and lemon tea .

Then I head back to our private room and start going over some personal warm ups. I like doing these while no one is around so I am better prepared. Before I knew it most of the group had come back into the room and we changed into our outfits and started with makeup.  After a few vocal warmups and some stretches, it was time for me Schueler motivational speech.

We run to the wings and get ready to perform. I hear the judges announce new directions and we all start jogging onstage and into positions.

(Play video above chapter title and pretend the Joe and You are main singers.)

We finished the song and Joe had his hand on my waist. We were pressed close chest to chest and I could hear his heart beating loud. But I know that it wasn't for me.  If it wasn't the adrenaline , then his heart was flipping for Quinn. I've seen the looks they share but they still seem oblivious to it. I know he doesn't want me now so if he moves on it's better. My hand is on his chest ,head flicked towards the audience and legs between his. I feel his cool breathe on my neck and I shiver. Nothing is the same anymore.

Soon we are stood next to another glee group waiting for our scores.

" The winners of this round with 78 points is ..... new directions!"

We won . Now we move on to the next round. 

There's 30minutes for us to go chill before we need to be back so I go and get a drink.

" Hey stranger" a voice says from next to me. I didn't notice anyone was there , then I looked into his face and my stomach flips.

"Jesse."

" Nice to see you again (Y/N)"

" And you. How are you?" I ask him.

" I'm actually good. How are you?".

" Well im doing really well and umm yeah." I say twisting bits of hair around my finger.

" So... You and teen Jesus huh?"

" What?" I ask , then realise he's probably knows about me and Joe.
"Uh it's complicated"

"Oh okay."
"Yeah"
"Yeah"

There's a weird silence between us and I sip my drink.

" So is it your fault or his ?" He asks taking me off guard.

" Oh well.  Jesse I umm..."

" Oh shit it was you? (Y/N) I'm sorry. What happened?" Jesse asked grabbing my hand.

I notice how cool his hands are and memories flood back to when he would kiss my hands or hold them at every chance. Thinking of that time makes me flush a bit and I feel stupid because it should be forgotten.

But I can't. I loved him genuinely.

" Okay now you've started playing with your hair. You do that when something is up."
Then he seemed to hestitate as if thinking over his next words before carrying on.
" I may have only dated you for your voice but I know you (Y/n)."

I'm taken back by his words.  I mean yeah I knew that he only dated my to benefit vocal adrenaline but the fact that he remembers stuff about me and actually wants to know . That shocked me. My heart missed a beat at the thought of him still loving me. 
Then I realise how stupid i sound.

"Look Jesse its not the best time right now. I've got to get back before next round. Break a leg "

Then I stood up and walked to the door. But something stopped me. I heard him murmur something possibly. It was probably someone else but I stopped. I stopped and turned around . My gaze locked with his and then without warning I turned and walked away.

He can't learn about Sebastian and Joe.