14

TIME SKIP TO CHRISTMAS

Christmas is my favourite time of the year. It's a time for being happy, making smiles and being surrounded by the people you love. This year is my second Christmas with Jesse and I couldn't be happier.

When I got home from school one December day. My parents were waiting for me in the kitchen. They explain that we were going to be decorating the house and I get so excited. I'm like a child at Christmas.

We get in the car and I play my ultimate Christmas playlist. Me , mam and dad sing along until we reach the tree farm. It takes us an hour and a half but we successfully choose and buy the perfect tree. As soon as we get home the Christmas songs continue and we start decorating the tree. My parents aren't very good singers so I don't know where I get my talent from but I don't mind because it's the time of love and fun.

We decorate the house in every room but subtly . We aren't one of those families that go crazy with decorating we just like being reminded slightly in every room. We hang fairy lights around curtain poles and tinsel is tied around the banasters and mirrors. The tree is put in the living room as it's where we spend most of our time together. After hours of Christmas singing , dancing and decorating, it's time to place the star on top of the tree. As the only child it has always been my job . So I stand in a chair and place the star on the topmost branch.

By the time everything is finished it's 11 o'clock . I decide to go to bed so I'm not completely exhausted tomorrow. I lie in bed staring at the ceiling.  Once I think about the joys of Christmas I can't help but smile which makes it 10x harder to fall asleep.

Eventually I end up sleeping and before I know it , I am awoken by the alarm clock radio singing Christmas songs. I get ready for school and text Jesse to come pick me up. My parents are happy that I found Jesse . At first my dad was annoyed that I was seeing someone but once he met him , he eased up.

I get into the passenger's seat of Jesse's jeep and kiss my boyfriend hello.

On the way to school I tell him about last night.

_______________________________________

In glee club , Miss Corcoran informs us that we will be singing at a homeless shelter. A few of the cheerleaders and sports players groan in annoyance but most of us are happy to do it. To decide who is getting the solos and duets, our assignment is to pick a Christmas carol to sing and she would judge.

Me and Jesse immediately look to eachother,knowing that we would work together. I get excited about the competition.

As I have 2 free lessons next I decide to use the auditorium to rehearse some stuff for glee and to finish homework. Jesse has Maths before his free period. So I head to the auditorium alone .

Once there I decide to do some homework first. I finish my English, French and  Maths in an hour before I decide to start singing.

I do some Vocal warm ups and then play the first Christmas song on my playlist. MARIAH CAREY-All I Want For Christmas Is You.

I stand center stage and gaze out into the audience.
_____*****_____

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need.
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree.
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know:
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you!

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need.
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree" .
I sing.

I open my mouth to sing the next verse when I hear Jesse singing .

"I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you.

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
And I, I just wanna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe"

"I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for St. Nick
I won't even stay awake
To hear those magic reindeer click
Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding onto me so tight.
What more can I do
Oh baby, all I want for Christmas is you"  we harmonize the song and it sounds really Christmas-y.

"All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of childrens'
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing.
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me
The one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me, quickly"

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for"

"I just wanna see my baby
Standing right outside my door"

"I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know"

"Make my wish come true
Oh Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
All I want for Christmas is you, baby"

____********______

All through the song he walked from the back of the auditorium to up on Stage Infront of me. All of a sudden he pulls out a mistletoe and holds it above his head.  I shake my head smiling. I lean in and kiss Jesse passionately , he pushes his tongue into my mouth and it explores it. I break it off before it can go any further.