19

This is it.  Nationals. Me and the rest of vocal adrenaline minus Jesse have been rehearsing for hours every day.
It all leads up to this weekend. Sunshine has been given the lead and I don't blame Goolsby : sunshine is an amazing singer.
I can't help but notice the stress that sunshine is feeling. She isn't her usual happy self and is quite sad and alone alot.

All week we have been practicing harder than ever. I almost am too exhausted to talk to my new directions friends after school. However I manage to keep on top of all the news. Kurt is back at McKinley but still dating Blaine , Jesse is now the team's idea person or something.

_______________________________________

I finish my make up and the tension in the air is thick. Everyone is excited,stressed and nervous sat waiting for our cue to get ready. The buzzer goes off in our dressing room and we all file out and into the wings.

Sunshine walks out to center stage and starts singing. I grab Aj's hand and he squeezes it reassuringly. Ever since Jesse broke up with me, AJ has been there when I stress out .

I hear sunshine sing our cue and we file out onto the stage , backing her up. I sing my part and I hear the harmonies. My smile fades slightly as I think back a few weeks back when me and Jesse would have the lead duet. However, the smile is regained when I see Sam smile at me. 

Once we finish , we go into the audience and watch the other teams. When it is new directions turn I stand up and cheer. Eve quickly pulls me back down into my seat buy I still clap loudly. I watch as Finn and Rachel sing an original duet. Silence falls over the audience as they finish singing and kiss.  I gasp because I thought Finn and Quinn were a couple.

The whole team then start singing and original song and they dance around the stage. I smile ; proud of my friends.

_______________________________________

There is a commotion at the other side of the waiting room. Guessing that it is the ranked list , we walk over to the board. Goolsby scans the list and once he sees our team . He smirks and we all jump around happy.

_______________________________________

Nationals happened 3 days ago and since I haven't been to school. I couldn't bear another day at Carmel high. My parents transferred me back to McKinley.

It's Wednesday and I finally decide to go to school. I haven't told anyone at McKinley about my transfer but my small group of friends at Carmel have wished me luck and said their goodbyes.

When I get in the car ,with my dad driving ,I pull out my phone and send an anonymous text to the glee kids. It said :

"Meeting. Now. The quad"

My dad's '67 Chevy impala pulls up outside McKinley's school gates. I take a big breath, say goodbye and step out of the car. Slinging my rucksack over my shoulder ,I walk towards the quad and down the steps towards the group of already gathered glee kids. Stopping a few steps above them, I clear my throat. A few of them turn around and gasp , the others soon following their actions. I smile sheepishly .

" (Y/n) is back at McKinley!" I smile.