Chapter 3

We were both in tracksuits and choosing our outfits for tonight. Then we heard a scream from downstairs.

J: Did you hear that?
Me: Yes. Let’s go and see?
J: Yes. I think it was Lydia’s scream.

We stared at each other and went downstairs quickly. We saw Jackson and Lydia all bloody. Jenna called an ambulance immediately and I took pictures of their wounds.

J: What are you doing?
Me: Jenna, look better. These are not simple animal bites.
J: It must be a wolf’s bite. That’s what they look like at least.
Me: I know. But a wolf’s bite isn’t like this. I’ve been bitten by one, and I know. I assure you this is not a wolf’s biting mark. This bite is from…
J: Don’t say it. No!
Me: Don’t say what, Jenna? You believe it too. It’s a werewolf’s bite. I knew that they exist, but I didn’t expect this here.

Then, my eyes fell on Jackson’s wound that had already healed a little.

Me: Jenna, look!
We had a mild shock then.
J: What are we going to do?
Me: First, we’re not going to put him in that ambulance.
J: Are you serious? And what are we going to do?
Me: What do you want to tell them? You know, he just started healing himself.
J: You’re right.
Me: I know. Are you going to take him upstairs or should i?
J: I will.
Me: Good. Give me the keys from his photographic studio.
J: Why?
Me: You’ll see. Just give them to me! I’ll go with Lydia.

She handed me the keys and then the ambulance was here. They put in Lydia and I drove with them to the hospital. There I met Melissa.

Mel: What happened?
Me: A wolf attacked her. I think. Well, I have to go. I have to watch Olivia.
Mel: You don’t have to. Noah is going.
Me: Okay. I’m leaving!

I left quickly and went to Jackson’s studio to print the pictures I took. When I finished, I locked and went out in the alley. Then, I heard a sound and turned to see what it was. I didn’t see anything, but I sped up my pace.

Then I heard that sound again. Now I was running until I heard growling and then I turned and stared at a big black wolf with blue eyes. I was about to scream when Isaac appeared, grabbed my hand and yelled at me to run. We started running until he let my hand and told me.

I: Turn here and leave. I’ll go the other way, so we confuse him. Do not look back no matter what you hear.

I nodded and did what he told me. After a while I heard another growl and even though I shouldn’t, I looked back. Isaac was nowhere. But another big wolf appeared and his fur was brown. I could make out his eyes, they were yellow.

Maybe Isaac left. I went back to Jenna. As I was running I felt pain in my leg. Isaac is hurt, but how am I supposed to find him. I called him, but he wouldn’t answer. I told Jenna everything that happened and went to check on Jackson’s wound, which was almost gone.

J: What is in the envelope?
Me: The photos I printed.

We were checking the pictures of my wolf bite and Jackson’s. We were now sure. These are werewolf bites.
The next day I woke up because my phone was buzzing. I picked it up.

??: Hi. How are you?
Me: Aiden is that you?

I said and got on my feet.

A: Yes. Can you go out this evening?

Even now that I am kind of mad at him, I couldn’t say no.

Me: What time do you want to meet? And where?
A: At the park near the campus. At 7.
Me: Okay. I’ll be there. Are you?
A: Of course.

We hung up and I told Jenna I was leaving. Of course she was awake. We checked on Jackson and the bite had disappeared completely. He opened his eyes and we got scared. We made a little scream, hugged each other and stepped back.

Ja: Are you serious? What are you doing here? Where is Lydia?
Me: What do you remember from yesterday?
Ja: A black wolf with red eyes, and then Lydia and I were on the floor.
Me: Yeah, we came downstairs and saw you passed out and Lydia bitten.

We took her to the hospital and are waiting on news.

Ja: Really? I am going there right now.

I went to Jenna’s room to get dressed and she came in.

J: What were those things you told him?

She was whispering.

Me: What did you want me to tell him?

I was whispering too.

J: What are we going to do?
Me: We’ll figure something out. Just give me some time. Anyway, we have a little time until the next full moon. I need to go now.

I was dressed and I went out of the room. I said goodbye to Jackson and left. I went home and straight into Isaac’s room. He was sleeping, my sweetie. I tried not to wake him up. I lifted his pajama pants just a little, in order to see the wound, but there wasn’t any. Maybe I didn’t understand correctly. Oh, he’s awake.

I: What are you doing?
Me: Last night, I felt like something bit my foot, but nothing happened to me so I guessed…
I: You guessed wrong. Sweetie, I’m all good. I just slipped.
Me: But I felt…
I: You were confused because you were stressed. I was running from the wolf, and another one appeared and I got the chance to leave. As I was running I slipped. I’m all good now. Don’t worry.
Me: Fine!

I left. I was sitting and watching a TV show, because I didn’t have anything else to do. Olivia was at school and everyone else was sleeping. It was the only time I could watch TV.

Later I got ready and went to the park. It wasn’t too far from my house. When I got there, I saw Aiden.

A: Hello, beautiful. How are you?
Me: I’m fine… And you?
A: Great. Is there something wrong?
Me: What do you think? You vanished since the day before yesterday. You were supposed to call me, but nothing.
A: You’re right, but a thing came up with my dad. My battery died and I didn’t have a charger.
Me: Are you telling the truth?
A: Yes.
Me: I’ll believe you. Just this time.

While we were talking I see a shadow getting closer.