Chapter 58

In the morning, I woke up and went to class. When I saw Argy alone, I felt a little strange. She's the only one who hasn't found her partner. I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something, but I don't know what.

Ar: You feel it too, don't you?

She said and pulled me out of my thoughts.

Me: Feel what?

Ar: That you're forgetting something. Something important. (I was about to ask, but she said) Me too, that's why I asked.

Me: How are we going to find out?

Ar: It will come to us, let it go.

Me: You're right, but I think it's something really important.

Ar: I know, but no matter how hard I try, nothing happens.

Teacher: Is there something that you want to share with the rest of us girls?

Me: No sir. I'm sorry.

Then my claws started to come out, because I got mad that he talked to me that way.

J: Luna, your claws.

Me: I know. I can't control it.

J: I'm texting Aiden.

After a while I heard him.

A: I'm outside your class, come.

I went outside, hiding my claws.

A: Let me see.

I showed him my hands.

Me: I just got mad and they came out.

A: I thought we solved this problem. Maybe it's because of the full moon that's tomorrow.

Me: I thought we solved that too.

A: I know. I don't get what's happening. Tomorrow, we'll figure it out together, baby. Try to pull them in.

I calmed down and focused. They disappeared.

Me: I did it.

A: For now. But the full moon is tomorrow. We need to get ready.

Me: We'll talk about it at home. I need to return to class.

The class ended and I went home.

Me: Aiden, the house next door, was it there before?

A: Yes, it couldn't just come to existence in one night. It's the haunted house. Come on, we need to talk about what happened earlier.

We went inside and Snow run to us. We sat on the couch.

Me: Well, I'm listening.

A: No, I'm listening because for three years now there was no problem and there's a full moon coming. If you didn't have a problem all this time, it means that you had an anchor. I thought it was me, but as it seems that's not the case. It is okay, but we need to find a temporary solution.

Me: I know.

The day went by. Nothing happened. The next day, we went to class and the returned home. It started getting late and I was already feeling the full moon's effect. We went to the basement and he tied me with the chain. It started to hurt in a lot of places on my body and that made me really mad.

Me: Aiden, something's wrong. It hurts.

A: That can't happen.

Me: I know.

Isaac's POV

I was fighting with one of the riders because I was trying to get home. Luna lost control, I can feel it. And Argy must feel so alone. Then it stopped hitting me. There was a man next to me, I saw his face.

P: Get your hands off of my nephew.

Me: Peter, what are you doing here?

P: I could ask you the same thing. They took me.

Me: We need to leave this place.

P: I don't know if it's come to your attention; we can't.

Me: Luna and Argy need me.

P: My daughter needs me too. But the wild hunt took us. There's no going back.

Me: You can sit and do nothing, but I'm not leaving my girls alone. Argy will think that she hasn't found her partner and that she's alone. Lune has issues with the full moon, I am her anchor and suddenly I don't exist.

P: Fine, I get it. But we can't do anything about it. They have to learn how to live without us. (A guy came to us, he looked about my age) What do you want here?

??: I heard that you want to leave this place and that you fought one of them. Nobody tried that before. I've seen how they come and go through that tunnel.

He showed us a tunnel.

Me: What are you waiting for? Let's go!

We went to the tunnel and when we came out it looked like a train station with old train tracks and a couple of old rusty benches. We heard them coming. We hid behind some big pillars. When they appeared in front of us, the kid jumped on one of the rider's horses. I tried to do the same, but Peter stopped me.

P: Let's see what happens.

Then they crossed a barrier that turned green while they were touching it. When the last horse passed, the rider went through but the kid didn't. The barrier stopped him and burned him.

Me: Did you know this was going to happen?

P: I was suspecting it.

End of Isaac's POV

We left the basement and I left my keys where I always do. I saw something that was really strange.

Me: Aiden, were these keys here before?

A: No, I don't think so. They look like yours though. Do you think they're from the haunted house next door?

He laughed while saying that last sentence. But that could be true. I don't know why, but I have this feeling. A couple of days passed and it was Saturday. Aiden's cousins visited; Argy and Brett. While we were hanging out, I was staring at the keys. I was a little further away and didn't pay attention to them. My mind was racing around the question of how these keys came to me and why. Argy pulled me out of my thoughts.

Ar: Why are you looking at these keys like that?

A: It's nothing. These keys turned up a couple of days ago and I joked that they were from the haunted house. And now it's stuck in her head.

Me: Yes, because it's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise, how did they come to us? No one else put them there. And there's no scent in the house.

A: Oh, and a ghost bringing them by makes perfect sense. I've got an idea! Let's play truth or dare. What do you say?

We all nodded.

A: Great, I'll go first. Luna, do you dare to take Argy and go to the house next door?

Me: Yes.

Ar: Who asked me?

B: Why, are you scared? –he said sarcastically.

Ar: Did you even consider that I might not be in the mood? Anyway, let's go Luna. Anywhere is better than with these immature children.

We went to the house.