Chapter 42

Me: You know, I might have learned to control it but I still have some issues. Do you?

A: Nothing.

Me: Even if you relax?

A: Yes.

Me: Even if I do this?

I said and then kissed him.

A: Nice try, but no.

Then I nibbled his earlobe.

A: Again, nothing.

Me: Then, why are your eyes red?

He smiled, closed his eyes, concentrated and his eyes turned to their normal color. I smile at him.

Me: I also heard you growling?

A: But I didn't do it.

Then we saw Liam growling and his eyes were yellow. His teeth were out too. With a move, he broke the chain and got out the window, breaking it.

A: You did that the first time you turned too. He sure is your Beta.

Me: What do I do?

A: Follow him.

I run behind him. When I reached him, he tried to attack and hit me with his nails. Then there was a light and he left. I saw a figure and when it got closer I saw Chris.

C: I got your text. What was it?

Me: My Beta. Chris, what do I do?

C: That leads to the clearing. Go and talk to him.

He gave me his pager that makes sound waves that everyone who has super hearing can hear. When he gave me that, we heard Liam yelling. He signaled me to leave and I went to the clearing. I saw Liam there; went close to him and closed the pager.

Li: What did you do to me? I am a monster.

Me: No, you aren't. What I did to you is a gift. You know, you think you are a monster, but not all monsters do monstrous things. I am not saying that it will be easy, especially in the beginning, but I can help you. We can learn from each other. What do you say? Do you want to?

Li: Yes.

He got up and we went back to the others.

Lydia's POV

I can't believe that I agreed to this. Everyone disappeared, now they are scared of me! I was going from one person to the other to keep an eye so they don't make any damage. I went to the kitchen and there was a kid there who was drinking our wine. I told him to stop, took his glass and the bottle from his hands.

Then, another person who sells alcohol came. That kid paid for it, because he drank our wine, that's what he said. I got out of the kitchen and saw Liam's friend, Mason, going upstairs. I followed him and he got in one of the rooms. Nothing special was there, a white carpet, arecord player and a sound system.

Me: What are you doing here? You shouldn't be up here.

Ma (Mason): Ah, Lydia, I was looking for Mason. He was supposed to be here.

Me: Maybe he is downstairs. Come on, let's go find him.

I said and pushed him to leave, but the glass I was holding fell down and the wine spilled all over the carpet. I sat down and started rubbing it, to make it come off.

Ma: Hey, Lydia, don't worry. It can come out.

Then the door suddenly closed and the noise coming from downstairs stopped. I didn't know we had sound insulation.