25; Before I Break

I could honestly say I didn't know who I was looking at anymore. I had changed so much.

The hair on this new girl was dark and brown, her actual natural color. Because she didn't like having just one color, she had some of the underneath blonde. A thin layer but it was there. Sierra had done a wonderful job.

The tattoos that were strategically placed on my body. The four paw prints on my back, all had different meanings. The first one, the one with the wolf with those eyes that I fell in love with, blue and brown. The next paw, the one with eyes so much like mine, the ones we shared. The third, the one with brown, innocent eyes, the ones I cared for since their birth. The last one, the one with all of the wolves. Mason. Damon. Manny. And my Pack.

I had to remind myself, I was doing this for them. I couldn't put them in any more danger. I had to do this for myself.

After Sierra had dyed my hair, her boyfriend, Barrett, inked my skin, they both fed me. Siera had given me some clothes.

I walked to the door, "Thank you both. You don't understand how much this means to me. One day, I promise, I'll make it up to you both."

"You sure you don't need a ride? Where will you go?" Barrett asked, arm around his girl.

"I don't, thank you. I need to find someone. It'll be easier to go on my own now."

After a little more convincing, I had left with a promise to them. A promise I wanted to keep so bad. But, I knew there was a chance that I wouldn't be around that long. I would try for them too now. I just added two more people to my list.

I needed a car... This would be my third car all week. I wasn't too happy but I would for them. This car would be for them. I had a mission. Like Ammon told me, A slayer never fails her missions.

I snuck in through an apartment complex. A high classed place that wasn't too hard to get in. The luxurious place passed me in a blur as I found a car, someone leaving it opened. I had tried to remember how to hot-wire a car. I took off the plastic part on the bottom, crossed a few wires, and the car started. I would have to thank Damon for that life lesson.

I drove for a while. I wasn't sure which place I would get off at but I was hoping my slayer senses would just hit me. Like, something would just click and I would know what to do. With my luck, it wasn't possible. But, with my skills and confidence, it was a piece of cake. I could do this. I had to. For them.

I wasn't sure what told me to take a break. If it was my nerves, my slayer senses, or my droopy eyes. But, I did stop and go to a little diner after finding a few dollars in the car. The bells jingled and truckers all looked at me. They nodded to me. I took a seat and twiddled my thumbs after asking for some coffee.

"-The woman is about five foot and three inches. She is told to be violent, dangerous, and has weapons."

The news reporter talked about the old person in the mirror. I smirked at them. They would not be able to recognize me now. Why did they care so much anyways?

They'd never know the new me. I would have to take advantage of it.

I needed to rethink my motives. Everything has been jumbled into one huge mess. What do I need to do?

I already knew who I was doing them for.

One, I needed to keep my father and Ammon off my track. They couldn't find me. Who knows what they would do to me if they did. I would be used and abused. Two, I had to keep Noah away from me. I wasn't sure I knew anything about him other than he wanted me. He was most likely working for someone worse than my father. Or maybe working with him? Three, I had to find the council. I had to know what happened to other slayers before me. What was I to do? Was there a slayer who was also a Luna?