27; Do This

"Do you want to talk about it?" Cesar had asked once I stopped crying. I couldn't make out a response so I just shook my head.

I sighed, "In fact, I do want to talk, but not about that. Tell me about you," I said, watching where we were going.

"There's not much to tell. I'm an Alpha. Mate less. Twenty something. What about you? I don't know too much about you,"

"Luna, well not anymore. Was mated to an Alpha. The vampire Slayer. Twenty-one,"

I talked to Cesar for a while and found out we aren't too different. He's somewhat quiet but not rude. He seemed sympathetic towards me, considering I just found out my Mate would rather sleep with someone else than to wait for me.

We were driving fast, the road almost clear due to the time, some time in the early morning. I had told Cesar a few miles ago to pull over so he could rest but he insisted on driving. I even told him I would drive but he shook his head. I wasn't sure if he was being polite or if he didn't trust me enough to drive. I didn't dwell.

A blur on my right caught my attention. The blur blurred into the trees, not letting me focus on it.

My heart dropped to my feet. I could only imagine what that could be.

"Uh, Cesar, how fast are werewolves?" I asked, still searching for the moving object.

The object following us.

He frowned, "Faster than the car. Why?"

"There's something on the right," I left out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding.

"Shit," He muttered.

The car started to slow. "What the hell!" I screamed.

"I'm getting rid of him. You're going to stay in the car,"

Cesar pulled the car over and I unbuckled.

"Look, I'm a slayer. I can fight, too,"

He put a hand on my arm, pulling me towards him, "I'm not letting you out there. I'm sure you can hold your own, but I'm going for blood. Stay here," He ordered.

He got out and I heard growls. I wasn't sure where they were coming from. The dark night air was hard to make out what was going on. But soon, my eyes adjusted and the slayer vision helped.

Two massive wolves were circling each other. I wasn't sure why, but I could tell Cesar was the darker gray wolf. The wolf, the other one, was a chocolate brown. Pretty, but deadly. They were both the same size, telling me that the wolf was an alpha or a mature wolf. I wasn't sure.

Cesar pounced first and it wasn't long before they were rolling around. The bites and snarls had me feeling numb.

Cesar had the upper hand. He was now on top and tearing the shoulder of the wolf. Whimpers and cries came from him.

The wolf's back legs dug into Cesar's stomach, kicking him up and backwards. I gasped and the wolf jumped before Cesar could respond.

I could see blood but I knew it was now mixed. Cesar hadn't cried out yet, but I knew he wouldn't. He wouldn't let it happen to his pride. The wolf took his turn, ripping into Cesar.

I jumped out of the car, running to the wolves. A warning growl came, but it was more like an alert to the other wolf.

I had stopped in my tracks, the wolf turning and stalking towards me. I gulped, walking backwards.

I wasn't sure why I had just frozen. I couldn't move. I didn't want to. The eyes of this wolf had caused me to stop. I knew he wasn't seeing right. His wolf had taken over.

Once his eyes came back to the brown that I knew and loved, he stopped.

"Damon," I said, out of breath.

He shifted, a heart broken look on his face.

"Cass,"

I ran up to him and hugged him. He smelled of home and everything I missed.

I wasn't proud. The things I have done, the people I've screwed over, and the people I've hurt. I was ashamed. I couldn't bear the pain and started to cry.

I pulled away, looking behind Damon.

"Cesar," I said, walking over to the man, lying on the ground.

"I told you to stay in the fucking car," He growled, getting up.

I chuckled, "Cesar, this is Damon, my brother. Damon, this is Cesar, he's-uh- helping me out,"

"Cassie, what the hell are you doing?" Damon asked, pointing towards Cesar.

"Look, we can discuss this in the car. We're not safe out here. Cesar, let's go. I guess Damon's coming with us,"

Damon was still fuming in the back. I was sitting passenger seat. Cesar was fidgeting in the driver's side. The road was still dark and the two boys were still not comfortable. They had stopped yelling at each other so I guess that was all I could ask for.

I cleared my throat, "How's Manny?"

"Good. Misses you,"

I smiled. I was glad someone did.

I couldn't help myself, "And Mason?"

Damon cleared his throat and Cesar stole a glance in my direction.

"He's been beating himself and everyone else around him. He's a mess,"

I shuddered at the thought. I didn't want to hear about how he was falling apart. I didn't want to know he was sleeping around. I didn't want to know anything about it. I wasn't even sure what prompted me to ask anymore. I didn't want to know.

I sighed and shrugged. There was nothing more to do.

"Just a few miles away," Cesar said.

I could feel the nerves rise. I wasn't sure what to expect anymore. How would I approach them? Would they try to kill me? Whose side would they take if they found out all the evil I've done?

"Calm down, sis," Damon said, noticing my anxiety.

I took deep breaths, but nothing could calm me down for this.

We started to hit the city. The morning hours causing the sun to start to make it's appearance. Cesar was silent the entire time but kept stealing glances in my direction.

"Do you know where it's at?" I asked to anyone who would listen.

Damon was clueless.

Cesar nodded. I wasn't going to ask him how he knew or why, but was just glad that he did.

The car stopped in front of a building, white and had pillars. The stairs reminded me of a monument. This was it. The building was decorated with shields and warriors. It was fitting.

"They know you're here," Cesar said, looking straight ahead.

I gasped, "How?"

He chuckled, "They're the supernatural beings of protection. They know everything, except for why you went AWOL, but they know you're here now,"

I sighed and looked at the building.

"Stay in the car. Don't kill each other. If someone comes, run, leave me here,"

I didn't wait for a reply before getting out of the car. I attempted to straighten out my shirt, but it was hopeless. I was covered in blood and dirt. I sighed and continued to walk up the steps. I didn't dare turn around.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I was going to do this.

I stood in front of the door to find it already open. The three men who I had seen months ago, were smiling at me. I wasn't sure if they were being malicious or not, but they gave of the vibe that they were trustworthy.

"Ah, Miss Cassadee Santana, what a pleasant surprise!"